Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Cablevision....sloooow

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone noticed how slow Cablevision's internet has been lately? It seems like it's even slower during peak times. As I've heard, their network capacity is maxed out, and they don't have enough nodes.

Tommorow, they are installing Verizon FiOs in my home. Maybe I will try their internet as discussed in the other thread.

I think Cablevision is already feeling the heat from FIOS...

My one-year "Triple-Play" deal is coming due and the mere mention of FIOS to a Cablevision Customer Service Rep. was enough for them to extend the first-year pricing for another go around...

I've had FiOS since last September, and I love it it's a LOT faster than the Comcast was. Now, I'm waiting for the Town of Kent to approve a franchise for Verizon to provide the FiOS TV.

Cablevision has been slow for some time now in Pleasantville area. I've also heard they are maxed out.

Well, Verizon's contractor is in my co-op apartment right now, installing the equipment neccesary for FiOs. I most likely will give them a try...although it may be a pain in the butt, I can always go back to Cablevision.

From my research, FiOs is a lot faster than Cablevision, due to their more modern and better network internet-wise. Also, their TV channel lineup seems more then Cablevisions comparitively (with many other providers) skimpy offerings.

my girlfriend has Cablevision and i hate it the phone goes out when i

talk to some one the Internet is slow or i get kick off and when you

watch TV the movie freeze up may we will try Verizon's

Yes 635, their network is getting maxed out especially at peak times. They are having trouble keeping up with the increased bandwidth demands