Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Albany Ladder 1

12 posts in this topic

HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[attachmentid=2239]

Photo by Eli Gill, 10-75.net

post-6521-1174590424.jpg

I was never big on Pierce TDA's; that inclined ladder just doesn't agree with my eye, but THAT rig is Freaking Beautiful!!!

Pierce does that decline bedding so that the tiller operator can see the sides of the truck better and have a lower tiller cab.

sweeeeet

Ah, its a nice ladder but I am gonna miss the old sutphen midmount... Now ladder 3 is the only non-tiller in the city...

Ah, its a nice ladder but I am gonna miss the old sutphen midmount...        Now ladder 3 is the only non-tiller in the city...

Albany real narrow streets (often one lane) lots of snow, tiller makes a lot of sense

Ah, its a nice ladder but I am gonna miss the old sutphen midmount...        Now ladder 3 is the only non-tiller in the city...

Is it possible they have more than one non-tillar? I am in Albany all week and two ladders passed my office on the State Office Campus earlier this week, headed to an alarm.

Is it possible they have more than one non-tillar? I am in Albany all week and two ladders passed my office on the State Office Campus earlier this week, headed to an alarm.

Right now ladder 3 (75 KME rear mount) and reserve ladder (5?), a used rear mount they purchased from I believe the Midway FD are the only non-tillers. L1,2,4 and Reserve ladder 6 are all TDA's...

I agree they definatly have benefits, particularly with Albany's streets and the snow as was mentioned but I still think having one aerial platform was nice. Just an outside observation.

Right now ladder 3 (75 KME rear mount) and reserve ladder (5?), a used rear mount they purchased from I believe the Midway FD are the only non-tillers.    L1,2,4 and Reserve ladder 6 are all TDA's...   

I agree they definatly have benefits, particularly with Albany's streets and the snow as was mentioned but I still think having one aerial platform was nice.  Just an outside observation.

Whats a typical assignment for Albany? I saw 3 Engines, 2 Ladders, a heavy rescue and either a chief or flycar pass and think I even heard additional units in the distance. There seemed to be long intervals between units. As if they were coming from far parts of the city.

Whats a typical assignment for Albany? I saw 3 Engines, 2 Ladders, a heavy rescue and either a chief or flycar pass and think I even heard additional units in the distance. There seemed to be long intervals between units. As if they were coming from far parts of the city.

Auto Alarms get 2 engines and 1 truck, whichever the first unit assigned hot, everyone else routine unless upgraded.

A "box" for a reported fire is 3 engines, 2 trucks, 1 rescue (2 ff/medic flycar), 1 chief and the rescue squad. Additionally once a signal 30 is called a 3rd truck is assigned for FAST.

What kind of manpower does Albany respond with? Aren't they supplemented by volleys?