Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcoppola

Norwalk Engine 1

8 posts in this topic

The City of Norwalk is expecting delivery of a new Spartan/Marion pumper some time in late April. The engine will be the first red apparatus for Norwalk in many years (all current apparatus is white with red reflexite trim and stripes). I will post some pre-delivery pictures when I get posession of them.

Wow Its going to be neet seeing a red fire engine around

Norwalk. I think the 1985 MACK's were white over red before getting refurbed. If I rember correctly, a Mayor in the late 1970"s wanted all new city vehicals painted white, and the fire dept had to comply. Before that they were red.

is it gonna have the same specs as the current norwalk engines?

The City of Norwalk is expecting delivery of a new Spartan/Marion pumper some time in late April.  The engine will be the first red apparatus for Norwalk in many years (all current apparatus is white with red reflexite trim and stripes).  I will post some pre-delivery pictures when I get posession of them.

The mayor thing is true. Mayor Collins required all PD, FD & DPW vehicles to be white. DPW has been green for a while and we will soon be red. I have mixed feelings about it because the rest of the fleet will be white for a while.

JC -

Something about you and white fire trucks with red stripes..........

A wise Fire Chief once wrote....

"after much debate in the fire service about what color our trucks should be, I decided to confer with God for advice on this subject and she said that all fire trucks are supposed to be RED..........."

just a thought.....??

Red? Why does everybody have to go red nowadays?

What's wrong with being different?

Norwalk's current scheme could use some updating, but I found the white to be unique and a change.

they really stood out at night and on the highway. And, when growing up, I rarely saw red fire trucks. The ones i saw were white and yellow (my volley house had 2 yellow engines) So this is gonna feel funny, seeing a red NFD engine racing out by the field where i spent much of my youth playing soccer at that wall.

I cant wait. A red NFD engine in my neighborhood firehouse. Now follow that with a red tractor drawn aerial. I rember as a child in the late 60"s seeing an engine and a TDA pulling out of the Broad River Fire Station. Both were red, and had those twin rotor federal sirens.