Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

News Center NOW- New Local TV News Station

18 posts in this topic

In today's Journal News, they are reporting a new local new station, "The Hudson Valleys NewsCenter NOW", LIVE from 5PM to 7PM, startting TOMMOROW.

It will be a team up between RNN-TV and LoHud.com (The Journal News). They will broadcast from their new studios in Rye Brook, in the old Phillip Morris building.

News12's now got some competition in the mix. The new NewsCenter Now hybrid combination promises a fast pace and a synergy with the Journal News newspaper.

Doesn't say if Cablevision will have it, but I'd imaging they would have to- since they already carry RNN and it is a broadcast station. It will be simulcasted on the web. Also, I heard that Verizon FiOs was also a force behind this, even though it was just a rumor.

Their news team seems to be a mixture of seasoned new people from the area, including NYC. Christina Lauri from News 12, and Stacy Ann Gooden from Chanel 5's Good Day NY make up part of the anchor team. Seems like some people from behind the scenes at News 12 have also made the switch.

The new set is supposed to be real sharp, a mixture of blues and greys with photos from the Hudson Valley. Veiwership is estimated at 5 million.

I wonder now if News 12 will get rid of that ugly, boring, played out set and graphics.

NewsCenter NOW:

Westchester: Channel 19 (North)

Westchester: Channel 6 (South)

Putnam: Channel 20

Rockland: Channel 19

"LOCAL AS LOCAL NEWS GETS"

No More? haha

News 12 is horrible, looks like a high school production. I switched to FIOS internet and phone over a year ago and TV in November. It is great, I am glad to be done with cable.

To date, only two people who previously worked at News 12 are at the new station. Christa Laurie was a freelancer at N12. RNN's news director is formerly of N12 and was dumped almost 2 years ago. Says a lot if you can't make it at 12.

To date, only two people who previously worked at News 12 are at the new station. Christa Laurie was a freelancer at N12. RNN's news director is formerly of N12 and was dumped almost 2 years ago. Says a lot if you can't make it at 12.

Yeah it says you can do alot better.

NewsCenter NOW:

Westchester: Channel 19 (North)

Westchester: Channel 6 (South)

Putnam: Channel 20

Rockland: Channel 19

It will be harder to grab a hold of an audience with the production being on different channels in different areas. News12 is simple enough.....it is channel 12.

I say the more the merrier, gives me more to skip over when channel-surfing.

Just a reminder, this begins tonight....

Watching it now....

LOOKS GOOD! biggrin.gif

Just making sure... you cant get get this with Direct TV right?

Looks good indeed! Tune in everybody! (It's on cable and satellite)

Edited by Budmetro

Well, I could only tolerate a few minutes of this newscast.

I'll give it another chance tonight for a little bit longer.

I guess we'll see what happens and how they'll grow.

The only thing I'm hoping for out of this is for News 12 to get a new set and graphics.

Anything will be better than the dog faced anchors they have now at news 12, I can honestly say, they all have a face for radio. That rosenbloom broad should be behind a camera not in front of it! And I see Joe Rao out walking his dog by my house, and yes, his head is even bigger in person!

When N12 says local as local news gets, who would have known that it meant outside their building in Yonkers or Yorktown.

Finally we will get news that may cover the other 90 percent of Westchester.

Janine Rose has to go!!!

I was less than impressed. Did not flow well and the "rap" between newscasters was fragmented.

And what is up with the newscasters interviewing the Journal News reporters ? Shouldn't the TV reporters be out in the field gathering the stories rather then having a print reporter "telling the story ?"

BTW - There is no Greenburgh High School. It's Woodlands High School...Look at your video for God's sake !!!

The TV reporters do, in fact, go out and report. But because the RNN newscast is a collaboration with The Journal News/LoHud.com, reporters who cover specific beats are interviewed to complement the newscast and provide added depth. The two-hour program only began a couple of days ago, so I'm sure that there may be some adustments and refinements. It takes time to iron out the kinks.

To be honest, it isn't all that bad....it has potential. Give it time, after all, it is new.

How many times aday does it air.

GIVE THEM A CHANCE!

They been on the air 2 nights.

Tomorrow will be 3.

biggrin.gif