Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DOC22

Canon Digital Rebel Vs. Samsung V4

5 posts in this topic

THE DIGITAL CAMERA I CURRENTLY USE IS THE SAMSUNG DIGITAL V4. BUT EVERYTHING I HEAR ABOUT THE CANON DIGITAL REBEL. I REALIZE THAT THE DR IS OVER 6 MEGAPIXEL VS MY SAMSUNG WHICH COMES IN AT 4.0 CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME THE 411 ON THE CANON? IT SOUNDS TERIFFIC!!!!!

One of my friends has a Digital Rebel. I cannot say anything bad about it. His pictures from the camera are amazing, as well as the settings that he can change on the fly to alter images as he takes them.

I'd highly recommend this camera if you are looking to buy a new one.

Just some notes on the New Compact Digital 8mp cameras vs the 6.3mp SLRS (Rebel and D70).

Sensor. The 8mp cameras have smaller sensors then the SLRs. This will mean that there will be more noise in the photos. A SLR with a large sensor built smaller MP will produce a better photo.

Viewfinder. The smaller cameras have EVF's instead of a glass one. When you press the shutter on a SLR the camera works like a normal SLR. With the EVF you can see the what the photo will look like before you press the shutter. The EVF will work slower the the SLR, also longer shutter lag, and blackout time. Makes them work slower then a SLR.

Cost. The basic cost of the new 8mp cameras vs the SLRs are about the same for startup. How ever in the long run you will have higher costs with the SLR. On the good side with the SLR all the equipment carrys over to the new camera bodys. Also the 8mp are much more compact lighter and less to worrie about.

Page 64 of Outdoor Photographer this month has a good right up on the new 8mp vs SLRs

I have used this site many times and friends of mine that know a boat load more about photography than I do live by it.

www.dpreview.com

This site has more reveiws and information than you would every care to read. Their full length reviews are amazing and only understand about half of what they are talking about.

They have great search and comparison tools.

This appears to be an independent site, no allegiance to anyone or anything and the folks doing the reviews seem top notch, but I am no professional photographer.

Check out the Nikon D70. It may be slightly more expensive than the Rebel, but in the reviews I have seen in the past, it outpaces and outperforms in several areas. I've also been told that Nikon makes better lenses. If I had to go out today and make a quick decision on which to buy, it would probably be the Nikon.