Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oswegowind

Mo Vaughn buys Yonkers Housing Project

11 posts in this topic

Follow the link for video...story below:

Mo Vaughn, the ex Red Sox, ex Mets baseball player and his company have purchased the Whitney Young Housing Complex located at 354 and 358 Nepperhan Ave. A premise that has been plagued with problems as long as I have know it. Sure other Yonkers workers can attest. Recently the gas station located on the corner of Nepperhan and Ashburton, in front of the buildings was purchased by members of "Da Lox" or "D-Block" a rap group made up of 3 Yonkers natives (Sheik, JadaKiss, and some other dude). Sheik grew up here and hangs out in the parking lot across the street when he is not confined by the state!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taken from News12 website!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ex-Met tries to score win for less fortunate in Yonkers

PLAY THE VIDEO Play the video

(04/05/07) YONKERS - He hit a lot of home runs for the New York Mets and now a former baseball star is trying to score a victory for those less fortunate in Yonkers.

Former Mets slugger Mo Vaughn, along with an investment group, is buying the Whitney Young Manor apartments on Nepperhan Avenue for $17 million. Vaughn says $9 million worth of improvements will be made on the buildings that will include renovated lobbies and new elevators.

The apartment complex includes 195 units. The investment group promises the tenants will not be displaced during the renovations.

http://news12.com/WC/topstories/article?id=192196

He is going to help????? the less fortunate...sounds like he got a good price and will make some dough???? Place definitely needs new elevators though!!!!

Ever respond there beware of AIR MAIL!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he can bar all the windows and keep people of the damn roof!

Edited by Oswegowind

this is joke!

that place needs more then cosmedic renovations. it needs a little satalite police station to deal with the animals over there selling drugs!

I was speaking with my Lt. this afternoon and he told me this happen like a month ago and was reported by the Journal News...I guess NEWS12 is a little behind...see if I read the Journal News I would have known about it earlier!

It's a bad investment, Mo....

It's no worse than playing for the Red Sox!

Nice way to spend all that money he got from the Mets for sitting on his butt for a couple of years.

Nice way to spend all that money he got from the Mets for sitting on his butt for a couple of years.

I just got hurt all of the time

I think Mo still holds the top for records for the longest home runs not only hit by a met but in general for shea stadium

maybe he can buy 4 firehouses that I know of!!!

I think Mo still holds the top for records for the longest home runs not only hit by a met but in general for shea stadium

No kidding...I guess they get all forgotten in between all those clutch strike outs. Then again I think he still trying to run to first base now in a Mets uniform for a single he hit back in 2002.

Mo Vaughn's group all ready purchased and renovated a few holes in brooklyn. He's absolutely in it for the money, but he's doing it the right way, and not making as much money as he could. After making the improvements in the buildings, including secure lobbys and monitored surveilance systems his group works with PD to chase the trash and improve the quality of life inside the buildings. So far he has had alot of success and was recently profiled by the NY Times.