Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

NYS Trooper Trenchcoat

7 posts in this topic

Today, while northbound on the Sprain on the way to a doctors appointmnet, I noticed a NYS Trooper get out of his car for a traffic stop.

He appeared to be wearing a trenchcoat in trooper beige with a NYS Trooper patch.

Is this new?

Today, while northbound on the Sprain on the way to a doctors appointmnet, I noticed a NYS Trooper get out of his car for a traffic stop.

He appeared to be wearing a trenchcoat in trooper beige with a NYS Trooper patch.

Is this new?

Actually, I believe it is OLD! It's a longer coat than we're all familiar with that used to be popular and is probably still pretty popular up north where they have only two seasons - winter and the 4th of July. It's alot warmer than the current stuff we all wear - made of wool if its the coat I'm thinking of.

And I'm sure that you'd be promptly pummeled if a trooper heard you call it beige. They are after all the "GRAY gods"!!! tongue.gif

Actually, I believe it is OLD!  It's a longer coat than we're all familiar with that used to be popular and is probably still pretty popular up north where they have only two seasons - winter and the 4th of July.  It's alot warmer than the current stuff we all wear - made of wool if its the coat I'm thinking of.

And I'm sure that you'd be promptly pummeled if a trooper heard you call it beige.  They are after all the "GRAY gods"!!!    tongue.gif

That is correct, they have been around a while. Some guys wear them frequently. Most of the newer guys just use the Black Goretex, but everyone is issued both.

beige??????? tongue.gif

lol

does anyone know the company and model number of the black goretex that the state police wears?

does anyone know the company and model number of the black goretex that the state police wears?

The company is "Goretex".