Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking For Summer EMT Class in LI Or NYC

12 posts in this topic

I was planning on taking EMT-B this summer and was wondering if anyone knew of any classes either in BKLYN, Queens or Long Island (Pref Nassau County). I need the class to be done with by early September. Can anyone help me out?

If anyone had any info on courses on Westchester/surrounding area that would be good too.

check Laguardia College in queens

call our lady of mercy hospital

If anyone had any info on courses on Westchester/surrounding area that would be good too.

E.M.T. – Basic

ORIGINAL COURSE

Sponsored by - New Rochelle Fire Department

LOCATION: NRFD Station #1, 45 Harrison Street, New Rochelle, NY

STARTING: May 22, 2007 – 6:30 pm / Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday Evenings 6:30-10:30pm

Applicants must attend 1st session to complete paper work.

NY STATE CERTIFYING EXAM: 08/16/2007

Class Size Restricted to 20

PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED

No Phone In Reservations Accepted!

FAX OR E-MAIL APPLICATIONS REQUEST TO:

· FAX: 914-636-1330

· E-MAIL: KNREMT@Verizon.net

Please include name, address & phone number in message

A Tuition Fee of $700.00 is required for those Applicants who do not belong to a NYS Certified E.M.S. Agency

For NYC classes contact http://www.nycremsco.org/. They regularly list NYC area classes.

Edited by grantnet10

If your looking for a class in Westchester, i highly recommend the WCC program. The CICs are great, they have significant teaching and field time under their belts, have a strong command for the class, present the material in a very effective manor, and are always available for extra help. Same goes for the lab instructors. Lot's of lab time and, if time permits, special demonstrations. Check out the link below and feel free to PM me with any questions.

http://wccems.com/EMT-B.html

Edited by 66Alpha1

call our lady of mercy hospital

Our EMT class starts in the end of July, but goes all the way till Dec.

If your looking for a class in Westchester, i highly recommend the WCC program. The CICs are great, they have significant teaching and field time under their belts, have a strong command for the class, present the material in a very effective manor, and are always available for extra help. Same goes for the lab instructors. Lot's of lab time and, if time permits, special demonstrations. Check out the link below and feel free to PM me with any questions. 

http://wccems.com/EMT-B.html

I would take the course at WCC but all of their courses over the summer are three nights a week and I can only commit to two. I know this a dumb question but you can only receive college credit for the course if its taken at a college right?

I would take the course at WCC but all of their courses over the summer are three nights a week and I can only commit to two. I know this a dumb question but you can only receive college credit for the course if its taken at a college right?

You would have to contact your college to see if it would translate into college credit. If you go to a private school, its unlikely they would take the credit (they didn't for me) but a state school is more likely to accept it b/c they often offer it and its a state curriculum.