Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Thornwood Pumper

8 posts in this topic

does anybody have info, pics, or engineering drawings of Thornwood's Pierce Dash Rescue Pumper?? i think its designated Rescue 75? i seen a pic of this rig in Fire Apparatus Journal last year and looked like a nice rig.

[attachmentid=2452]I think I attatched a pic of it

post-501-1176405918.jpg

I think it carries 500 gallos of water 1250 gpm pump, carries 500' of 4". On board tool and a light tower just know some of the basics not all the detials. It has been a solid rig for them and served them well. I also believe it cost around $510,000

Shot her at the Ossining Parade, let me find the photo...

Hope this helps!

-Joe DA BUFF

post-5182-1176443125.jpg

I think it carries 500 gallos of water 1250 gpm pump, carries 500' of 4".  On board tool and a light tower just know some of the basics not all the detials.  It has been a solid rig for them and served them well.  I also believe it cost around $510,000

hmmm.....thats a little surprising....only 500 gallons of water ohmy.gifohmy.gif

well, i guess thats why its made to their liking rather than mine. i prefer 750 gallon water tanks or higher. this rig also has a very unique color scheme. does anybody know if their other rigs are yellow like this pumper?? and does anybody have any pics of the other Thornwood rigs??

All of Thornwoods rigs are that color except their antique, it is painted red and utility 55, a 4 door GMC pickup,is painted white. For some other pictures of TFD rigs, go to Mike Martinelli's site FDNYTrucks, and look under section for westchester. A well used joke is that TFD's rigs are red with 2 BIG yellow stripes.

hmmm.....thats a little surprising....only 500 gallons of water ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

well, i guess thats why its made to their liking rather than mine. i prefer 750 gallon

In a municipal water district 500 gallons should do just fine. If this rig happened to be the first rig in on a fire, the second due rig should be able to pick up their line and complete a contineous water supply in time. Not to mention, if you can't put a fire out with 500gallons..... Chances are you're going to need a lot more than the extra 250 to get it done.

Remember that this rig is carrying full tools and running in place of a dedicated rescue. 250 extra gallons of water adds another 2,150 lbs to the weight of this rig before you account for frame strengthing and additional tank mass as well as additional possibilities such as bigger brakes, axles, heavier duty drive train etc. With lots of hills to pull in Thornwood I'd be leary about adding any more water.

Edited by mfc2257