Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

North White Plains "New" Engine 75 Bonus Photos

12 posts in this topic

As many of you know, and the current feature photo is, North White Plain's "new" Engine 75, a 1983 Pierce Arrow 2000/500 that formerly served Blauvelt (Rockland Co.) as Engine 1-2000.

North White Plains works with an extremly limited budget, and they've taken this Engine which was in great shhape and put the NWPFD touch on it. Here are some bonus photos.

THE WAY IT LOOKED WHEN THEY GOT IT CAN BE SEEN HERE:

http://www.fdnytrucks.com/images/otherstat...uvelt1-2000.jpg

(FDNYTrucks.com external link)

[attachmentid=2647]

post-11-1178233219.jpg

[attachmentid=2648]

post-11-1178233442.jpg

whats in the roll up compartment under the hose bed?

And for those who don't know, Engine 75 runs alongside Ladder 47, a 200? Seagrave Meanstick. (Ladder 47 designation USED to belong to Hartsdale when Hartsdale FD has L-46 and L-47)

[attachmentid=2650]

post-11-1178235547.jpg

So, what apparatus is NWPFD operating with besides the above? Do they still have either of the old engines, or Rescue 33?

They still have the rescue. Engine 74 is in the garage if needed.

there are extra ladders and pikes in the roll-up compartment

the rig looks great guys. i've seen it a few times already and it looks to be in GREAT condidtion, and it's actually much longer than it looks in the pic. i look foward to seeing the NWPFD crew rolling up in it! as far as there rigs go, yes, they have E75, E74, R33, L47 along with Car 2321 (no more 2322) if you look in seth's 1st pic you can see a suburban behind E75, which i believe is the new car 2321, which is not yet in service.

correct me if i'm wrong, but don't they also have a trailered cascade system??

Best of luck to N. White. I can atest to one thing...that 2000 GPM pump works great!

correct me if i'm wrong, but don't they also have a trailered cascade system??

Yes they do, it is currently being kept out back of their station.

We are extremely happy with the way it came out.....The engine has an Aluminum 7 man enclosed cab on a Pierce Arrow Chassis which if needed gives us an extra 2 seating positions over the old E-One's +++++The cab is enclosed. A Huge safety factor for us since the engine runs on all EMS calls and MVA's with the Rescue 33. We can't thank Blauvelt Fire Co. enough for the generousity they showed to North White Plains. Situations like this are what the fire service is about! Things still need to be tweaked but they will get smooth out over time. We are keeping 1981 E-One (E-74) and disposing of 1977 E-One (Old E-75) which is being stored in Armonk HQ. Any one interested in the Old 75 can email ncsfd1@optonline.net (North Castle South Fire District #1) - It runs and pumps great and has been maintained upto this year. We would like to see it go some where as a spare or back into frontline service. Thanks Seth for the great pics.

Stay safe. smile.gif

I'm going out on a limb here, but I am guessing that AAA provided some of the things needed to outfit this rig?! cool.gif

Good luck with it Matt & NWPFD!!!