Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chris498

Valhalla Engines

15 posts in this topic

I just saw on line that Valhalla sold their 1992 Pierce Lance pumper, the same website had their 1987 Pierce Lance for sale...... are they purchasing two engines?

I think they are exepcting delivery of an American Lafrance Engine, and that if they were happy with the one delivered, they had the option on the contract for another.

As far as I'm aware, Valhalla hasn't gotten the 1st new ALF yet? Maybe one of the Vahalla guys on the board could update us.

Any Ideas on the price and what it's specs are(pump size,tank size ect)?

Yes, it has left the factory, and is now being lettered. will be on display at the neville 11/5 & 11/6 at fire district expo. delivery date 11/12/04. will post pictures and details soon. and yes will order 2nd if happy with 1st a month later.

The engines being replaced are not all that old, what was the cause for such early replacement?

The new engine is eng 84, the fire commissioners were thinking higher resale value getting rid of the engine so early(10 years). the second engine will replace 20 year old engine 82

Their new Engine should be in on Tuesday afternoon 11/23 sometime. Will try to stop bye and get some pics.

Did they get 'em in? Anybody got pics yet?

I saw their engine 84 on wed. It's a nice looking rig. I couldn't get any pics because of the weather will try again this weekend.

Just got some pics, Sent them in. Hopefully will be up soon

Just got some pics,  Sent them in. Hopefully will be up soon

Thanks for the photos! They are now posted, www.emtbravo.com

I like the new Engine 84....however the only thing that bothers me is how there is no big Engine 84 on the side doors of the rig. It's like they are not proud of being Engine 84 or something....

And personally, I would like to see VFD start taking delivery of Maxim's again, lol!!!

I was told that a custom mural depicting their original hand drawn pumper will go on the door insted on "84". Sound's good and should be coming soon. Also notice, there are no pre-connects?

Other then that, nice short wheel base and well thought out piece of equipment.

I noticed the lack of crosslays too Msm. I do notice a trash line on the front pumper which appears to be preconnected. Where are the rest of the handlines? I'm sure there has to be a good explanation for this - maybe someone from Valhalla can enlighten us.

Otherwise, decent looking rig, hope Valhalla has more luck with the ALF then we did.