Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xfirefighter484x

NY Tactical Medic EMS

37 posts in this topic

Camelbacks are great. We were all issued one in the army. They're good when you need to keep your hands free. I bet you could find them on ebay pretty cheap.

x2 - ebay bro smile.gif

Camelbacks are great. We were all issued one in the army. They're good when you need to keep your hands free. I bet you could find them on ebay pretty cheap.

x2 - ebay bro smile.gif

Duhh! Lol, I am embarrassed that I didn't think of that for myself. Thanks for the info, I am definitely going to check it out!

**Bump

Class is in just over a week!

Who else from here is definitely taking it?

I was thinking about taking the April class but didn't have the spare funds handy. Definitely can't take the July class as I'll be away. Hopefully they will hold a class later in the year.

Fall Tactical Medic Course

Sept. 17th - 21st 2007

(9a-5p)

Yonkers, NY

Empress EMS

15 Max (10 open)

NYTEMS $600

Winter Tactical Medic Course

November 5th - 9th 2007

(9a-5p)

Putnam County, NY

Putnam BES

20 Max (18 open)

NYTEMS $700

Edited by xfirefighter484x

As fa as i know, my Uncle is one of the instructors for the course. he's been pestering me to take it, and i just might. It will definately be fun. His name is Andrew Hopkinson. I'm trying to get in touch with him to get some more info

Edited by EFFP411

Has anyone ever heard of these guys/this program? I am really interested in attending. Wanted to see if anyone is affiliated, or what the whole deal is.

The concept of havning a T.E.M.S Unit accompany us every time we do a tactical job gained steam for a while a few years back. But from within our unit and the EMS community only. But like everything else it was shot down by the hire ups for a multitude of reasons most notable-about two dozen reasons that pointed to all sorts of liability. The excuse finnally given was that most of our unit was EMT's along with a couple of Medics. After the liability issues were discussed it made me look at the whole T.E.M.S. idea from a different perspective and I am glad they kept things the way they have been historically. On top of that we do enough tac jobs were it would be impossible to dedicate T.E.M.S. EMS members to every job. But I will say this I have read up on and spoke at some of the T.E.M.S. courses; and if your in the business of EMS or even first responder I would implore you to take a reputable T.E.M.S course it may very well save your life or that of another some day. You certainly get to see the world from a different perspective and we all know that the way a call comes in to dispatch is almost never what you wind up with and the poop could be hitting the fan real quick. Hats off to anyone who takes the time and effort and money to attend a T.E.M.S. course.

Just as a side note=If we do a tac job we will request that a bus or medic unit stage a few blocks away (As I have said b4 JCMC is top shelf with the EMT'S and MEDICS that work the streets and definitely part of our family). Just to keep EMS as integrated into what we do as closely as possible without letting out the secret recipe. But its a busy EMS system and its not always possible. If I can help anyone with answers to tactical scenario's that may arise please feel free.

Rick

To anyone who will be attending, see you bright and early!!

Never bothered to get the knee pads or camelback or anything, hope I don't regret that too much :mellow:

Edited by xfirefighter484x