Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
millwood127

60 control simucasting

11 posts in this topic

I was wondering how this works lets say they tone out for an fd on 46.26 and it is simucasted on 33.96 will both the 33.96 and the 46.26 pager go off at the same time if it has the same tones ( some fd's get toned out on both 46.26 and 33.96)

In your case with Millwood, as in many cases, the same tones are transmitted at the same time on 46.26 & 33.96. To answer your question, if you happen to have two pagers with one being on each frequency, then yes, both will activate at the same time.

In your case with Millwood, as in many cases, the same tones are transmitted at the same time on 46.26 & 33.96.  To answer your question, if you happen to have two pagers with one being on each frequency, then yes, both will activate at the same time.

ok thanks

In your case with Millwood, as in many cases, the same tones are transmitted at the same time on 46.26 & 33.96.  To answer your question, if you happen to have two pagers with one being on each frequency, then yes, both will activate at the same time.

is there a reason why we get paged out the same time on 33.96 and 46.26 and once again on 33.96

chiefs of the dept requested the simucast and millwood has a repeater on 33.96 to repage out their calls...

chiefs of the dept requested the simucast and millwood has a repeater on 33.96 to repage out their calls...

Is there a reason why there is only a repeater on 33.96 for millwood and not one of 46.26

Edited by millwood127

Is there a reason why there is only a repeater on 33.96 for millwood and not one of 46.26

Too many questions. You need to talk to your chief !

Millwood127:

Your asking operational questions that involve your department. You're best to ask most of your questions there being they are the ones who dictate the system used.

now lets say i have a uhf pager with yorktowns repeater freq on it with millwoods tones programed on it will it tone off when millwood gets paged out or will it not tone off because that is a repeater freq.

Ummm right!?!?!?!?

Lets see if I can help a little

Back in the day there was an a push to move away from 46.26 as a dispatch channel to free it up for communications. Departments like Millwood and Mount Kisco were quick to move to 33.96 because it was in the best interest of the county to do so. Unfortunatly other departments didn't agree and there were only a handful of agencies that actually moved over.

The reason for the 33.96 repeater (which was installed at Roaring Brook School due to it's elevation) was that there were some soft spots that the original county tower broadcasts wouldn't reach. The retone through the Roaring Brook antenna covered most of the soft spots.

AS for the 46.26 simulcast, there are a multitude of reasons for it including but certainly not limited to.... Better coverage of the alarm announcement given that most of Millwood's M/A partners use 46.26... The fact that until the late 1990's New Castle PD dispatched Millwood and they seemed to be more in tune with the Chappaqua FD freq of 46.26.... etc etc etc.

Try asking some of this stuff at the station after drills on Tuesday's. There isn't much about the MFC that I can't tell you. But I learned it by asking (and most importantly listening) to people in the station.... You'll figure out who's full of it and who's not, by where the most consistant story comes from and whether that story comes from someone you see on the rigs at midnight.

now lets say i have a uhf pager with yorktowns repeater freq on it with millwoods tones programed on it will it tone off when millwood gets paged out or will it not tone off because that is a repeater freq.

Yes it will set off your pager via the repeater freq. as it is the same transmit tone. The only thing to worry about it is if Yorktown shut the repeater down and you do not know about it you will no signal.

Hope this helps you.

Chris