Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

FDNY Ratifies New Contract=Probie Raise

5 posts in this topic

According to News Channel 4 news ticker on the Today Show this morning, FDNY has ratified a new contract that raises the Probie pay from a measly $23,100 to $36,400.

Does anyone know further? I have not found anything else online to validate this.

The rumor mill has been going since yesterday afternoon. Th enew contract passed. 12% for soc, the probie penalty is gone (hence the headline grabbing pay raise), 4% and 4% raises, higher chauffer differential, and an extra $1,000 for longevity. There are few give backs once again being payed by the unborn once again, but all in all its a pretty good contract.

DISCLAIMER

There's a big debate about the 12% soc pay and its potential affect on the union and future contract negotiations. I am expressing no opinion on that portion of the contract. When I say its a good contract I am refering to the amount we get for the amount we give back.

From All The News That's Fit To Print

May 11, 2007

Metro Briefing | New York

Manhattan: Firefighters Ratify Contract

By STEVEN GREENHOUSE

New York City’s largest fire union announced yesterday that its members had voted to ratify a 24-month contract that gives raises totaling 8.16 percent. The union, the Uniformed Firefighters Association, said the vote was 4,037 to 3,115 to approve the deal, which raises starting pay by $9,900 to $35,000 and increases base salary after five years on the job to $68,475. The deal is retroactive to Aug. 1, 2006 and runs through July 31, 2008. To help finance the raises, the agreement calls for new firefighters to receive lower night differential pay and six fewer paid holidays each year during their first five years on the job

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/11/nyregion...gin&oref=slogin

As of yesterday afternoon a 65-2 was posted that the contract passed. The vote was 4,037-3,115, the only borough that voted down the contract was Manhattan. Furthermore do not be fooled the probies are paying for their own raises by losing things on the back side.

I voted NO, not only cause it was bs that the City offers peanuts, but because we screwed the cops and the probies!