Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ONLOCATION

Kentland 33 Vs. PGFD Fire Chief

34 posts in this topic

So, they pride themselves in 7,000 calls, allot being fire, (or whatever) but don't want an ambulance because of burnout?

At the end of this post I am going to call 66Alpha1 out... The moderators will probably deleate it, but I'm not insulting or bashing him so it should stay put because it's the truth......

They pride themselves on being a phenomenal FD that provides top notch fire/rescue services and EMS first responder services of which they respond to thousands of calls annually.

They don't want a BLS ambulance because it's not a BLS ambulance that thier first due needs.... It's a ALS ambulance that their first due needs and it's not something that they are prepared to staff based on thier training.....

GET IT STRAIGHT 66Alpha1 you are so obsessed with the fact that they don't want to staff a county owned ambulance that you are missing the point which has nothing to do with how important EMS is...... THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EMS AND OR KENTLAND's VIEW OF ITS IMPORTANCE. ITS ABOUT HAVING TO STAFF A UNIT THAT IS BEING FORCED ON YOU FOR POLITICAL REASONS WITH NO REGARD FOR THE FACT THAT A CAREER STAFFED MICU IS WHAT THE COMMUNITY NEEDS.

As i said before, there is no mention of an ALS unit in the press releases.

The only complaints i see are manpower, call turnaround, and space.

Just to respond to your "call out" I'm really not obsessed with whether or not they end up getting an ambulance. I really could care less. What i do care about is their characterization of EMS.

As i said before, there is no mention of an ALS unit in the press releases.

The only complaints i see are manpower, call turnaround, and space.

Just to respond to your "call out" I'm really not obsessed with whether or not they end up getting an ambulance. I really could care less. What i do care about is their characterization of EMS.

Ok last time... I know this one is tough

If they had a problem with EMS they wouldn't provide EMS care to patients with EMT's on their MiniPumper or Engine when the MiniPumper is tied up.

There are already volunteer, career, and combo BLS units that are providing ample BLS transport in 33's first due.... (Think of it this way, Bedford Hills is doing a fine job of providing Truck Company Operations in Katonah and Bedford Village... No need to force a truck on them right?.... It was more logical for Katonah to buy a new tanker than a truck.....)

What they have a problem with is staffing a county owned BLS ambulance that will take their men away from the calls that they are best at providing services for which is putting out fires and cutting people out of cars. There is plenty of BLS transport being provided in 33's first due. AND 33 is providing the critical EMS first response....

Again this isn't about the BLS unit... It's about POWER. The county chief is trying to exert POWER over a volunteer company... Nothing more.... nothing less.

Edited by mfc2257