Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Excuse Me Officer, That Thing Gotta HEMI?

14 posts in this topic

Does it get any better!! THIS ROCKS!! :dance:

I expect the following deparments to aqquire one or more:

Yonkers

Greenburgh

WCPD

Ardsley

Los Angeles City PD

...and any other department that wants to be cool in my book.

Dodge rules!

WKA2004062427354_pv.jpg

Excuse Me Officer, That Thing Gotta HEMI®?" Dodge is upping the ante in the law enforcement market with a new rear-wheel drive Dodge Magnum police car powered by the legendary HEMI V-8 engine. The 2005 Dodge Magnum SXT model will be available this fall for police special service use. For 2006, Dodge will introduce a police package which will be offered on the Dodge Magnum model.

From DCX media site:

The 2006 Dodge Magnum will be available with a police package in the fourth quarter of 2005.  

The standard 3.5-liter High Output V-6 engine featured on the 2006 Dodge Magnum police package vehicle delivers 250 horsepower and 250 lb-ft. of torque for great police performance.  

A five-speed fully electronic transmission with steering column shifter, 18-inch V-rated tires and steel wheels, heavy-duty police brakes and linings and heavy-duty suspension will be included as standard equipment with the police package models.  

For the ultimate in pursuit power, the Dodge Magnum police package also will offer an optional 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine with cylinder deactivation that produces 340 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft. of torque. Chrysler Group's Multiple Displacement System (MDS) seamlessly alternates between smooth, high fuel economy four-cylinder mode when less power is needed and V-8 mode when more power is in demand. Fuel efficiency is improved by up to 20 percent with cylinder deactivation, but not at the expense of performance.

The HEMI powertrain, mated to a fully electronic five-speed automatic transmission and high-performance suspension, will give officers in pursuit situations a balance of world-class performance, power and handling.

The 2006 Dodge Magnum police package will include the following specific package items: certified speedometer, column shifter, emergency rear door lock override, heavy-duty five-link suspension system, heavy-duty alternator, heavy-duty battery, heavy-duty brakes, inoperable rear door locks and rear windows, and special police electrical wiring.

Optional equipment includes: daytime running lamps, dual spot lamp, police-type heavy-duty front seats with manual lumbar adjustment and full-size spare tire.

WOW!! iWANT ONE!! BET THAT THING'S GOT SOME B*!!&

It's probally has enough room in the back to make an awesome Chief's Command Vehicle too.

Chief 2 10-17 and now 10-19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How could I miss that fact???? Some FD Chiefs have to pick up a couple as well!! It WOULD make such a hot chiefs car!

Also would make a great Paramedic flycar!!!

ypdhemi.bmp

Apparently this is the new specs for t he New E.S.U. Pursuit Unit. Looks Hot! :wink:

as well it is a nice car and they are coming out with a police package sedan (not wagon) possibly next year...kjm

It's already painted in Croton black and white. Would make a nice patrol car, and wouldn't block more of the hydrant then the Crown Vic would....

SWEET CAR!!!!!

585 are you implying cops block hydrants? haha

THAT IS INTRESTING.IS FORD COMING OUT WITH ANYTHING NEW FOR ITS POLICE PACKAGE LINE?

Apparently this is the new specs for t he New E.S.U. Pursuit Unit. Looks Hot!  :wink:

Nice!

that looks so cool i want one of them for my self

What a great way to make a car shaped like a boring station wagon into a modern day hot rod. Now all the need is a sedan and coupe version, and i'd be willing to bet over the next few years, Dodge takes over the market for police cruisers!!

I hear a new and upcoming police car is the chrysler 300

Now maybe chevy can get back on the ball and realize that V8 with rear whell drive is the way to go!

PDT_Armataz_07