Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JCESU

COPS TV SHOW

4 posts in this topic

The Cops TV show rode with me and my parner for six months. They generally go back to Departments every five to eight years. They had rented a couple floors at a local hotel and put out some spread and spirits everynight. Jim Langley (Founder/Producers nephew and Tom cunningham) were our assigned crew. And they were great guys. If you didn't want something filmed we had a signal developed before hand and they would stop and back off. They bent over backwards to accomadate us and vice versa. We had three segments that made it on the air. Originally they had filmed about twenty that were supposed to be aired but they show the same three in re-runs just about every week.

A&E or one of those shows is slated to start riding with us soon in E.S.U. Its supposed to be a lenqthy project and from what I understand they are just working some logisitce as of now. It is very weird to see yourself on television I will say that. But all in all it was a great once in a lifetime experience.

On a short note the TV show Cops got its start when Langley/Barbour were filming for Jeraldo Rivera. I think it was one of those nursing home deals where they sneak in and film the horrible conditions. While they were waiting accross the street for the green light. The P.D. SWAT Team pulled up and executed a search warrant next door. They thought that the public would be interested in seeing what the Police do and started getting agencies to allow them to do ride alongs. The rest is money making history.

Rick

Thanks for the insight- your "guy stuck in a trailer" (pre your ESU days) just aired the other night on Court TV....it actually repeats quite frequently.

Thanks for the insight!

Thanks for the insight- your "guy stuck in a trailer" (pre your ESU days) just aired the other night on Court TV....it actually repeats quite frequently.

Thanks for the insight!

Seth,

Someday when we hook up I will show you the outtakes from the prostituition stings we did. It will bring tears to your eyes it was so damn funny. Three chicks with racks and teeth and we had to stop taking people in when we reached fifty inside of three hours. And most guys would say to the girls " you are to pretty too be working you MUST be cops" and then make them an offer anyway. The things people say and the people that visit these ladies will blow your mind.

Rick

when are these episodes suppose to air, its nice to see some COPS stuff being shot up here..get tired of seeing stuff from down south and the middle of no where