Followers 0
ex-commish

Florida Firefighter Charged With Arson

5 posts in this topic

Firehouse.com Home > News Headlines 

Florida Firefighter Charged With Arson

Updated: 05-25-2007 03:43:47 PM

E-MAIL THIS STORY  PRINT THIS STORY

An 18-year-old volunteer firefighter was arrested on charges of setting seven rural fires that burned 13 acres and an abandoned trailer home, officials said Friday.

Chad Michael Burchfield, a senior at Bradford County High School, was arrested Thursday on six counts of reckless burning of lands and one count of arson to a structure.

Burchfield confessed to setting the fires when he was arrested, sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Gail Russell said. The north Florida blazes have been extinguished.

Burchfield made his first court appearance Friday and was ordered held on $700,000 bail. Officials did not know if he had a lawyer.

The reckless burning charges carry a maximum penalty of up to five years in prison on each count. The arson count is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

The fires were not associated with a north Florida blaze that has scorched 23 square miles since it was ignited by lightning on May 8. It is now 90 percent contained.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really cringe when I see this. I feel he should get the max times 2 for each year with no parole.

Wow, imagine that, another TEENAGER VOLUNTEER ARSONIST!

Atta boy, a**hole! We really appreciate that kind of press!

Edited by Remember585

Yet another Black EYE for the Fire Service

post-2846-1180659405.gif

it takes one person to make everyone else look bad

Another moron who should be hung out to dry. Way to go Chad.