Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital seeks second helipad

5 posts in this topic

Hospital seeks second helipad

Medivac chopper lands at the

Newburgh campus

Cornwall – St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital, which months ago built a helipad at its Newburgh campus, would like to develop one at its Cornwall facilities.

The Newburgh landing pad, used to bring high-risk patients into the facility for immediate treatment, is atop the new multi-tiered parking garage.

Hospital President Allan Atzrott said they would like to develop a similar helicopter landing pad in Cornwall.

“We need to get zoning approval for that,” he said. “All we need is for everyone to be advocating for our cancer building and expansion of the parking lot,” he said.

The Newburgh helipad was made possible through a state grant secured by Senator William Larkin.

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/SLCH_helipad-28May07.html

I live across the street from Conrwall Hospital. One week ago they landed the helicopter at Willow Ave Elementary school for a car accident victim. The landing was done during school hours and I must say done very professionally by all involved. The school was wonderful in making it a not so very scary moment.

Anyway, a long story to a short point. The hospital does not have much ground and not a lot of clearance around any of the buildings. I was just wondering where and how they planned on doing this?

The hospital does not have much ground and not a lot of clearance around any of the buildings. I was just wondering where and how they planned on doing this?

I would guess the roof?

This is awesome. Anybody who has ANY kind of influence in their towns or hospitals should push for this any chance you get. It cuts down dramatically on times. St. Lukes should be applauded for securing this. Let me tell you, it certainly was a goat rope when I was at STAT to go to St. Lukes. Factor in the ride to the park and you MIGHT be able to just drive to WMC faster. And trust me, it had nothing to do with the Mobile Life Folks. They are/were awesome. It just added almost a half hour to the trip.

Now, as for landing at the St. lukes pad to DROP off patients...Has something changed? Never did that particular maneuver.

The only thing I can think of coming into St. Lukes is MAYBE for the NICU. I work for Mobile Life, I've done many transports out of there, the only thing I've ever brought in (other than little stuff from Cornwall & 911 Calls) were NICU transports. I've done them from Horton (Middletown), St. Anthony's (Warwick), & Catskill Regional (Harris).