Yonkers Water Tender

5 posts in this topic

Unit & Specs: Military Surplus, tractor trailer

Current Apparatus: None

Expected Delivery: Late 2007

Additional Information: Preliminary stages

Source: YFD

Writer: Truck4

Has to be painted and lettered from what I hear and then that should be it. Although this is new to the Yonkers Fire Dept., the Yonkers Water Dept does have a Water Tender stored at the Nepperhan Av Facility with red lights and all for water emergencies. Have never seen it used at a fire though and only pic I have of it is on my cellphone...maybe one day I will remember to swing over there and get a better shot.

I am not aware of the DPW having a water tender - that may belong to the contractor doing sewar & water relining - The YFD tanker is a 7000 gallon stainless steel military surplus trailer. The trailer is currently out having some modifications made - look for it by the end of the summer with a new tractor

Here is the picture...taken with my razor cell phone at the Water Treatment Facility just down the street from the DPW Garage on Nepperhan Ave. Date of Photo is Jan 25, 2007 @ 1604 hrs. Has a small red strobe on the cab and two on the rear of the tank...Believe the door says Yonkers but can't remember and don't have a better shot yet.

post-51-1181610432.jpg

Edited by Oswegowind

Looks like an old Mack MB or an old Brockway...a converted oil truck, perhaps.

Edited by BedfordFire

Looks very much like Swanton,Vermont's old tanker that was replaced in the mid 90's. I think you'll find the cab/chassis is a White.