Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firemoose827

First motorised engine

10 posts in this topic

Just wanted to share a picture of our first piece of motorised equipment ever purchased by cobleskill. It is a 1923 Lafrance, its kept up by a 50 year member of ours who was past chief. It goes to every parade. Enjoy. smile.gif

post-3032-1181835427.jpg

That's a handsome little antique

WOW!!! She's a beauty. How long did it take to restore the rig?

WOW!!!  She's a beauty.  How long did it take to restore the rig?

The past chief who owns it did it before my time, said he did it a little at a time, probably about a year or two. Our current chief and his son, (our capt.), owns another antique of ours that they are restoring now. Here it is, enjoy and thanks. smile.gif Not sure on the year.

Anybody for make and model? C'mon all you truck buffs! biggrin.gif

post-3032-1181839643.jpg

Edited by Jonesy368

The past chief who owns it did it before my time, said he did it a little at a time, probably about a year or two.  Our current chief and his son, (our capt.), owns another antique of ours that they are restoring now.  Here it is, enjoy and thanks. smile.gif  Not sure on the year.

Anybody for make and model?  C'mon all you truck buffs! biggrin.gif

I'll take a guess that it's either American LaFrance or a Seagrave.

Mike

The past chief who owns it did it before my time, said he did it a little at a time, probably about a year or two.  Our current chief and his son, (our capt.), owns another antique of ours that they are restoring now.  Here it is, enjoy and thanks. smile.gif  Not sure on the year.

Anybody for make and model?  C'mon all you truck buffs! biggrin.gif

I would have to say it's a mid to late 50"s Seagrave pumper.

The white pumper is a Seagrave Waterfall series pumper. My company had a 1949 model almost similar except for the lighting placement and it was all red with gold leaf and had a 750 pump and a 300 (?) gallon tank. We had it from 1949 to 1962 when it was replaced.

The Waterfalls if I am not mistaken were built from 1942 until 1952 when the 70th anniversary line replaced it as the main model offered.

ROOKEES ALL ROOKEES, 1942 SEAGRAVE WAR BABY. NO BRIGHT WORK SO IT WILL NOT BE A TARGET FOR A AIRPLANE ATTACK DURING WW2. EVERTHING WAS PAINTED. MUST OF HAD A FACTORY IN TOWN TO MAKE WAR PARTS OR THEY NEVER WHOULD HAVE RECIVED ENGINE,VERY RARE AT THAT TIME! cool.gif

I don't know for sure what it is, but BOTH of those rigs are sharp!