Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcoppola

Norwalk FD New Marine Division

4 posts in this topic

The Norwalk Fire Department has taken delivery of a refurbished fireboat. It was donated to us from the Police Department in our city and much time and effort was put into realizing the dream of an active marine division. The administration has made a firm commitment to training the personnel who wish to serve on this new division. It will be in the water and in service July 4th.

See more photos on http://www.local830.org

Joe C.

[attachmentid=2955]

post-4500-1182382536.jpg

Thanks for sharing the photo and info! This is definetly long overdue for Norwalk FD.

Does it have a pump? If so, what's the flow capacity?

Will it be staffed full time, or staffed by an engine company, and how many FF's?

Wow , the boat looks great. good luck with it. It is going to be a great asset to the city. I think it's great that you named it after Harry. I used to see him out on the water all the time. I was riding my bike in Veterans Park this past Saturday morning, and saw some F.D. activity at the boat launch ramp. was that a boat drill?

The boat is going to be equipted with a 400 gpm pump. The staffing is yet to be determined, stay tuned for that answer, and yes it is long overdue. The boat is also going to support our dive team. The companies have been drilling on a new saltwater pump that we just recieved. It has a small pump that salt water will not have adverse affects on. It can pump water through a 1 inch line up to 300ft. We will use it if we were to get a brush fire or something small on one of the many islands off our shores.

Edited by dmccabe