Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

Peekskill Fire Department Deputy Chief Robert L. Ferris

9 posts in this topic

Robert L. Ferris, Deputy Chief of the Peekskill Fire Dept., died on Sunday 10/10 at Field Home-Holy Comforter. He was 55. He was the former Proprietor of Ferris Auto Repairs, in Peekskill.

Chief Ferris was born on October 7, 1949, in Peekskill, the son of Leo and Anne Sekel Ferris. He was raised and educated locally, and was a graduate of the Hendrick Hudson High School. He joined the Cortlandt Hook and Ladder Co. #1 of the Peekskill Fire Dept. as a volunteer in 1979. He worked his way through the ranks of 2nd Lt, 1st Lt, Captain, 2nd Asst. Chief, 1st. Asst. Chief and on to Fire Chief. He served as a Deputy Chief at the time of his death.

Survivors include his parents, Leo and Anne, of Peekskill, sons, Kevin Ferris, of Peekskill, and Christopher Maier, of Connecticut, his daughters, Kathleen, of New Mexico, and Kristin and Kimberly Ferris, of Peekskill; a brother James Ferris, of Peekskill, 2 sisters, Judith (William) Curtis, of Watertown, and Janet (Matthew) Balch, of Peekskill, his 2 grandchildren, and several aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews .

His Son, Kevin Ferris is 2nd Lt. of Cortlandt Hook & Ladder and Brother, James Ferris is a Career Firefighter with Peekskill FD

Wake: Wednesday 10/13 2PM-4PM & 7PM-9PM at the

Edward F. Carter Funeral Home 170 Kings Ferry Road

Montrose, NY

Funeral Service: Thursday 10/14 11AM at the

Edward F. Carter Funeral Home, Burial at the Sunset Cemetery

Any additional information you may contact the Peekskill Fire HQ

(914) 737-2760

Car 2346, Deputy Chief Bob Ferris may you rest in peace!

Thoughts, Prayers and Condolences to the Family, Friends and the Peekskill FD. May he rest in peace.

As with DOC22 thoughts and prayers with family and friends of bob ferris. Very sad news, very young. RIP

Thanks for the kind words guys... Means a lot!

If you could help spread the word to other Firefighters

and Officers I would appreciate it. I would love for his family

to have a large show of support from the fire service county-wide.

I had the pleasure of knowing Bob back in the Car 2343, 2342, and 2341 days. He had a real passion for the Fire Department, He gave 100% all the time. He will really be missed.....

Fire Department Service will be held on Wednesday night and

on Thursday morning for the Funeral. (Full Dress Uniform)

If you can make it please do.

On behalf of the Ferris Family and Peekskill FD.... Thank You!

My condolences as well, Bobby was a good guy! Knew him back when he was an Asst Chief.

Rest in Peace.

My condolences as well. :-(

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the kind words and to all of the area Firefighters who came out for Bob's wake and funeral.

Sorry about being so late with this, thank you to all the guys for your thoughts and prayers. On behalf of my family I would like to thank all of the FD/EMS members who attended the services. Special thanks to Verplanck FD, Mohegan FD, Montrose FD for their apparatus. It meant a lot thank you very much guys. Firekid119, i guess your my cousin, who are you?

Also, thanks for the subject post Rob, it means a lot.