Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TR54

Fred Meyer Former Chief Elmsford FD Live Oak Eng.

3 posts in this topic

Ex-Chief Fred Meyer served life member Live Oak Engine Co.No.1 Elmsford NY.

Fire Chief twice , 1975 to 1977 , 1984 to 1985

My condolences to the entire Meyer Family. Chief Meyer was a very dedicated family man and to the Elmsford community for many years.

MEYER, ALFRED (FRED) G.

July 03, 2007

Alfred (Fred) G. Meyer, 68, of Hopewell Junction, and formerly of Elmsford, NY, died suddenly Saturday, June 30, 2007, in Gloversville, NY. He was born October 15, 1938 to Alfred and Alice (nee Foster) Meyer in Sleepy Hollow, NY. Mr. Meyer worked for General Foods / Kraft Foods for 31 years, Southern Westchester Boces and the Elmsford Union Free School District 33 years. He was a former Chief of the Elmsford Fire Department from 1975 to 1977 and from 1984 to 1985. He was also a Life Member of the Live Oak Engine Company No. 1, Elmsford, NY for 48 years and a Trustee for the Village of Elmsford from 1979 - 1981. Fred is predeceased by one son, Michael Meyer, in 2006. He is survived by his wife Debra (Blanchard) Meyer of Hopewell Junction, NY, two daughters Gayle Woehrle and husband Stephen of Elmsford, NY and Julie Benson and husband Ronald of Yorktown Heights, NY, daughter-in-law Caroline Meyer of Fishkill, NY, six grandchildren Lisa and Katelyn Woehrle, Jenna Lynn and Victoria Ann Meyer, and Shaun and Ryan Benson. Reposing 5 pm to 9 pm Thursday and 10 am to 11 am Friday at Hawthorne Funeral Home where funeral service will be held at 11 am. Interment private. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Elmsford Fire Department, P.O. Box 374, Elmsford, NY 10523 would be appreciated. HAWTHORNE FUNERAL HOME 21 Stevens Avenue Hawthorne 914-769-4404

Edited by TR54

Rest in Peace, Fred.

I've known Fred and his family for over 20 years and can say that he was a good person.... He will be missed by me, the Elmsford Fire Dept, his family, and anyone that knew him.

My sincerest condolences to Debbie, Julie, and Gail.

Fred can now play golf with Mike!!

Jeff.

Fred was a good man. Always happy.

Bob Allen