8 posts in this topic

Book Title: Blackwater: The Rise of the World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army

Author: Jeremy Scahill

Publisher: Nations Books

Publication Date: (February 15, 2007)

ISBN: 0312306172

Official Website:

Purchase Link: http://www.amazon.com/Blackwater-Rise-Worl...2255&sr=1-1

Meet BLACKWATER USA, the world's most secretive and powerful mercenary firm. Based in the wilderness of North Carolina, it is the fastest-growing private army on the planet with forces capable of carrying out regime change throughout the world. Blackwater protects the top US officials in Iraq and yet we know almost nothing about the firm's quasi-military operations in Iraq, Afghanistan and inside the US. Blackwater was founded by an extreme right-wing fundamentalist Christian mega-millionaire ex- Navy Seal named Erik Prince, the scion of a wealthy conservative family that bankrolls far-right-wing causes.

Blackwater is the dark story of the rise of a powerful mercenary army, ranging from the blood-soaked streets of Fallujah to rooftop firefights in Najaf to the hurricane-ravaged US gulf to Washington DC, where Blackwater executives are hailed as new heroes in the war on terror. This is an extraordinary exposé by one of America's most exciting young radical journalists.

What I found intersting was, since Black water is considered part of the Amercian war machine, they are exempt from wrongful death actions and also since they are a private contractor they do not have to follow the rules of warfare. I found this book intersting but keep in mind it is written from the left wing side. But it did leave you thinking about many things

Edited by calhobs

I've read the book. It makes you think about a lot of stuff. In as much as they operate outside the US, they were heavily involved in New Orleans as well. What is scary, that a mercenery army can operqate inside our borders.

Go onto youtube.com and look up blackwater....some sick videos

I just started to read it and I hope to finish it this week in NC. My buddy has served with them many times and I looked into taken some courses down there.

Just finished the book. Pretty good. I would love to do some of that stuff someday. They have lots of connections.

Blackwater and SOC-SMG are two of the best out there providing the best trained/skilled combat soldiers looking for the extra $$$$$

Oneeye, now you can let me finish it!!!

Your going to have to wait now. Going around work.