Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Yonkers Upcoming Deliveries: Yes, There's More!

7 posts in this topic

From my awesome source (many of us on here thank you!):

City Of Yonkers Fire-Rescue upcoming apparatus delivery schedule for the next 6 months:

2 - 75' Mid mount American LaFrance Tower Ladders

2 - American LaFrance Pumpers

1 - Mack Granite model 713 tandem axle tractor w/ sliding fifth wheel

to be used for the 5000 gallon water tanker, the Fireblast trailer

1 - Live Burn trailer from Fire Blast = Fire Fighter Training by Fireblast 451 : Safety First

1 - Mobile command Post by MBF - on a freightliner M2 chassis

And maybe a few other suprises................

Hey, hey, HEY!!!! Get off the computer and put the tux on. You got some marrying to do!!!!

I know the ladders are replacing 71 and 75, what are the engines replacing?, I forget. Does the YFD train at the WCFTC or do they have there own training facility? Ive seen E299 at the county before I think in the mask confidence trailer.

A Yonkers FF would be best to answer the question in more specifics, but i do know that they train at the training facility at Valhalla, but they also train at a bunch of other places (such Ridge Hill, if its still there, and more)....

i cant wait to see the new deliveries! they have such an impressing fleet!

I applaud them for keeping their fleet so current, 71 and 75 are only five or six years old, arent they?

Yes, I would think that someone within YFD could better answer these questions, but from what I have been told, the 2 New ALF Tower Ladders would be replacing TL 71 and 75 and the 2 New ALF Pumpers would be replacing Engine Co # 308 and 309. I have also heard that YFD was going to be purchasing a New Collapse Rig (To Replace the Current Mack housed at Station 11) and a New Foam Rig (to replace the Current Sutphen Rig housed at Station 13), in addition ot the New Trailer and Burn Unit that was previously mentioned. As far as Engine 299, I have been told that this is one of those Old Mack Rigs that were used as "Spare/Reserve" Rigs that will now be up for Auction. But for the mean time, I guess that YFD has them up at the WCFTC in Valhalla, as part of their training program. (The Old Mack Engine 306 (last of the production) that was then Engine 317, is, from what I have been told, being refurbished in order to be used for Parades, Special Events, etc, by YFD).

Does anyone else have any additional information?

THE HECK WITH YONKERS GUYS. YES ALL WELL AND GOOD THEY ARE REALLY SEEM TO BE UPTODATE WITH EQUIPMENT.

I WONDER IS SETH DOING THIS FROM THE CHURCH ON HIS PHONE. SETH FORGET A BOUT US AND SAY I DO!