Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcoppola

Norwalk PD

11 posts in this topic

Norwalk Police recently began rolling out radio cars with their new black/white/gold paint scheme. Check it out.

post-4500-1184377921.jpg

Norwalk Police recently began rolling out radio cars with their new black/white/gold paint scheme. Check it out.

These new cars kick major A$$ the lighing packages are sweet

The old Black and White paint scheme on patrol cars could be making a comeback!

It definitely is. Danbury, CT as well has switched over to black and white. They now run a B+W Ford Expedition Shift Command car, 2 B+W Shift Supervisor Ford Explorers, at least 1 B+W K9 Ford Explorer, 2 B+W Dodge Chargers, and they are taking delivery of several B+W Crownies very soon.

I was recently speaking with a NPD officer at a call and he said that the recent shift state-wide to b&w cars has something to do with homeland security moneies and grants making their way to local PD's. The feds want cars to match for whatever reason. I am searching through my pictures to find a shot of the old, old NPD paint scheme, light blue writing on white cars, it was horrible. The current scheme uses the same colors they have now, just more black paint in certain spaces. They have a really nice expedition which is newly painted and serves as the shift supervisor's vehicle. I will look for it and get a shot of it up here asap.

Stay Safe all...

I grew up in a Black & White cop car community. It seemed like the only PD with B&W in the area.

To all those that have changed back to the B&W scheme, I say to you, COPYCATS!!!!

I love black and white cop cars. These look sharp.

Sorry, I grew up in the Bronx, so I still have a soft spot in my heart for the old Blue and White Dodge Diplomats, and Chevy Caprices,, black and white is not bad either, most others are plain and ugly

It should be a rule that all PD cars are black and white. It is awesome and there is no mistake that you are seeing a PD car when you see those colors. It seems like most of the PDs in California have black and whites. Most of the ones I have seen look like LAPD but with their own logo.

The only cars in NY that should be any other color are the Sheriffs Cars. They look good in red and white. Some counties have come up with their own colors that look like crap. Orange County SO cars are black with crappy gold, blue and red striping! AWEFUL!

yea it looks like b&w are coming back, ossining town paint scheme is b&w and they look really slick

NPD Car 45, Supervisor Vehicle

post-4500-1185462614.jpg

post-4500-1185462650.jpg

Here are someof the Danbury and Bridgeport Dodges in the install shop in Werst Haven.

post-6632-1186957589.jpg