Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irishfire2491

Spare Gear Stored On Apparatus?

11 posts in this topic

Just wondering what departments keep spare Turn out gear on Trucks

Helments, Jackets, long boots

If so where do you keep them are they in the way???\

My feeling if everyone is issued gear there is no need for it on the truck leave it at HQ and if you need it go get fitted at HQ before going to the call. The only gear I like on the truck are the long boots for floods, and pump out.

Did,but used up room that more valuable equipment and like you said everyone has gear.

We keep a couple sets on just about all of our apparatus, but it's bunkers with short boots.

we have a few sets of spare gear and helmets on the rescue and thats the only rig that has them

We're required to carry a full set of gear for each seat on the rig.

Coats stuffed under the seats, pants & boots on the cab floor in front of each seat, and helmets hung from the walls. Reason being for members who have not been issued gear or members who did not bring their gear with them. Definately makes for an interesting ride climbing over all the gear.

Hastings FD has all there members gear stored on the rigs, does any other department still do this????

Not trying to bust on you or how your department works but how does the gear on the truck garantee to fit that firefighter that forgot or does not have gear

Not trying to bust on you or how your department works but how does the gear on the truck garantee to fit that firefighter that forgot or does not have gear

No guarantees on sizes. Before I was issued my own gear, just recently, there were several times where by the time I got to the alarm (working fire) all the gear was stripped from the Engine. Loads of fun standing around and not being able to work.

Two Engines stopped carrying it.

One Engine keeps some spare bunker gear.

Truck has gear of their members.

Rescue has 3/4 boots, coats and helmets for other to use as support / high water incidents.

I would like to see 3/4 boots not stored on apparatus so people don't think they are there for them to use at structural calls. Eliminate the chances for stupidity, hence the reason we dumped the boosted line too.

Are there any departments that don't issue gear to members and just keep sets on the rigs?

Hastings FD has all there members gear stored on the rigs, does any other department still do this????

how does hasting fit all their members gear on the truck? is it they only carry enough gear to fill up a truck? what about different shoe sizes? i for one am confused and very interested on how this works