Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheBuff376

Cop vs. FF Thread Pulled

13 posts in this topic

I was beginning to wondering how long Seth's thread was going to last before it was shut down....

I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did!

And what is the point of this thread? Please enlighten me.

I made the decision to pull MY thread, because SPECIFIC member's couldn't discuss it respectully and constructively. I should have known better. I guess I'm far too optimistic and idealistic to think that we can all get along. Absolutely disgusting- we're all in this line of work for the same reason, and there's no need for the anyomosity between Cops and Firefighters. And I certainly won't let this forum promote that ego-driven tension. I wish that everyone in this line of work was truly in it to help people, not themselves.

What did I miss? I went out to dinner in Pleasantville and return find a thread pulled on THIS topic? lol

I have to agree with Seth, as I've said before, being on both sides of this "fight" its rediculous! We are trully in these professions to save lives/property etc. I'll admit, I posted a response the other day a little quickly instead of thinking about it then posting a more "constructive" post! I think that some posts are deliberate to point fingers at cops or firefighters and to "stir the pot". Instead of learning from incidents and moving on, we all tend to let our egos get in the way. I think if WE are going to pick apart any incident, we should have either been there or have first hand knowledge of all the facts. When we go out on a limb and make assumptions, thats when the threads get locked down! Not all cops are FF so they don't know everything, same goes the opposite way. But thats what I get this whole boards purpose to be, to learn from eachother and hope that we all can do it better the next time, OR, pat eachother on the back for a job well done and share what we did right. Not every incident has something wrong with it and we dont need to only learn from mistakes!

So I propose, tomorrow, if youre a firefighter then hug a cop, if youre a cop, then hug a firefighter! Lets make it the national "National EMTBRAVO Can't we all just get along" day!

Ok, so I dont expect anyone to hug someone, but lets ALL put an effort into getting along and learning to better serve the public!

<<<Stepping off soapbox and waiting to see responses>>> let em roll! :lol:

sooo, what if you're affiliated with both fire & police? do i get to hug myself then? :P

sooo, what if you're affiliated with both fire & police? do i get to hug myself then? :P

As will I my friend! Im hugging myself right now as a matter of fact, let me switch back to the OTHER website Im looking at lol :lol:

What I was going to post in the original thread before it was pulled was that over the last 20 years as a police officer I have seen the relationship between police & fire on scenes working well together. Yes there are some old timers that are hard core on both sides, but those are few. Several years back, decisions were made about who would have the lead on certain calls & situations and they would be handled and it has worked. This would as certain conditions change bosses on both sides coming together and directing their own subordinates as they adapt to changing conditions thus achieving the common goal of safely getting the job done.

By the way here is my hug...

You're not getting my Bud Light..man

Ha Ha ..... a lil humor in this super sensative politically incorrect world

Edited by CPFD91206

OnTheWheel...

Your right on point, I personally have done alot of thinking(lately) and I wish our police officers and firefighters could work together in harmony, Most of the time we do get along. I guess cops aren't so bad ;) The worst thing here is the "rumor mill" we all know how that works. So I guess it's time to offer up a HUG. :D

Hope I didn't have anything to do with it, where was it headed after the first 8 or so posts?