Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcoppola

Dodge Chargers in Danbury

10 posts in this topic

Recently, on a quick trip through New Haven, I saw an auto body shop or something that had a bunch of new Danbury Police Cruisers that were all painted up and they were Chargers. They looked nice. I had no camera with me...(bad move). If I get back up there for business, I will shoot a few pictures of them. Looks like Danbury is spending some cash on PD & FD lately...

Joe C.

(recent cop-car wacker)

I wish East Fishkill PD would do the same thing, they bought 4 new cars this year, and they wrecked 6. see something wrong with that picture?? I was told by the day sergeant that they were only going to buy 3, and re-fit a bunch of the cars with all LED lights, but since they wrecked so many cars, they had to scrub the light budget all together, buy an additional car, and use all the stuff from the wrecked ones. At least The FD was smart, and all our stuff is insured for replacement value, so if some dumba$$ wrecks, it gets completely replaced. Maybe by 2010, we might see one nice car for the poor PD

Here are some of the Dodges, mostly Bridgeport and Danbury before lights and markings.

post-6632-1186957773.jpg

wow, thats alot of nice chargers, i cant wait to see them all fitted out with lights and the towns paint scheme

I stopped by FAS yesterday and saw a bunch of Danbury Ford Crown Victorias, so I guess they are splitting up the fleet. Also saw Fairfield PD and Westerley RI PD in black and whites. Bridgeport FD expedition too. I need to keep my camera with me.

I know Fair Auto just finished a huge order for Bridgeport too...both police and fire. The new police cars were all chargers, they also got new vans for the fire marshals, plus a few other vehicles. The guys up there have put a lot of hours into Bridgeport's stuff, I wonder how the city was able to afford so many new vehicles at once.

I see Danbury PD is getting Ford's too. I saw this one outside Fleet Auto a couple of weeks ago.

post-6632-1190627373.jpg

I heard some complaints about the chargers having problems with braking from higher speeds. Which is why the NYSP apparently havent gotten any yet. :unsure::huh:

I heard some complaints about the chargers having problems with braking from higher speeds. Which is why the NYSP apparently havent gotten any yet. :unsure::huh:

Uh, they're still testing them....

I know Fair Auto just finished a huge order for Bridgeport too...both police and fire. The new police cars were all chargers, they also got new vans for the fire marshals, plus a few other vehicles. The guys up there have put a lot of hours into Bridgeport's stuff, I wonder how the city was able to afford so many new vehicles at once.

I know it's an old post, but I thought I'd comment.

Bridgeport PD got ALL new cruisers and K9 units by convincing the mayor to float a huge bond. The PD Chief felt that by having all new, all the same paint job (black & whites are new for BPD) it would give them an identity in the community, no confusion with their other 2 paint schemes, etc.

From what I've seen, the PD does seem to have a problem with braking, but I think it's more of an issue of not enough problems with acceleration...

I can't recall if the FD got bonding or a grant, or if it's out of our "budget". I wonder if Fair also did the custom GPS work on the FM vans....