Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
emtpjimd

New FDNY R1

13 posts in this topic

Any info on how the new Pierce Arrow XT is holding up at R1? Knowing what kind of beating those rigs get and how the past two generations weren't favorites, I'm curious to see if the Pierce is holding up much better. Also, how do the guys like working off it?

-Jim

No that thread confuses me more than anything. Two guys who know a guy who say different things. Also there is a difference between if guys like it and if they hold up. For example a well set up apparatus that has small common problems that takes it of service because there is not a strong enough warranty/service infrastructure may make guys hate working off of it because it never works to capacity but its the not the apparatus that is to fault. That thread doesn't do anything. Get someone who uses it everyday to address the two separate questions and that might clear things up. Hey but lets not forget what opinons are like cause everyone has one. I wish my rig had a secondary A/C unit like the Phoenix ALFs but it doesn't and I sweat my A off. The problem is economics and lack or replacement parts which can be interpreted by some as a crappy rig that no one likes to work off of and that don't hold up. Answer the question next time instead of saying hey look at the other post I made. I'm glad I went out drinkin tonight!

It seems from that thread that the Rescue is holding up pretty well. Apparently the problems are relatively insignificant "every truck has their fare share of problems just as this one but they are small" and have been taken in stride. I also don't see any opposition. What thread were you reading?

Houlidsa

530 West 43rd Street, New York, NY 10036

swing by. They're a great group of guys who are always do their best to do right by visitors. In the mean time, lay off the kid. Apparently no one here knows or is going to say any more about whats going on down there.

No that thread confuses me more than anything. Two guys who know a guy who say different things. Also there is a difference between if guys like it and if they hold up. For example a well set up apparatus that has small common problems that takes it of service because there is not a strong enough warranty/service infrastructure may make guys hate working off of it because it never works to capacity but its the not the apparatus that is to fault. That thread doesn't do anything. Get someone who uses it everyday to address the two separate questions and that might clear things up. Hey but lets not forget what opinons are like cause everyone has one. I wish my rig had a secondary A/C unit like the Phoenix ALFs but it doesn't and I sweat my A off. The problem is economics and lack or replacement parts which can be interpreted by some as a crappy rig that no one likes to work off of and that don't hold up. Answer the question next time instead of saying hey look at the other post I made. I'm glad I went out drinkin tonight!

In the words of the caveman........"What ?"

sorry, I thought that the link would prove SOME relevance to what you wanted to know about Rescue 1.

And I second Dadbo46, I don't get what you were wanting to say in that post.

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman

Houlidsa

530 West 43rd Street, New York, NY 10036

swing by. They're a great group of guys who are always do their best to do right by visitors. In the mean time, lay off the kid. Apparently no one here knows or is going to say any more about whats going on down there.

I stopped by there a little more than a month ago with a friend and our GFs, and one guy on duty took us through a compartment by compartment tour of the rig.

Amazingly nice group of guys down there!

P1030135.jpg

P1030139.jpg

I saw the Captain of Rescue One earlier and could have asked, but unfortunately I just saw this thread now. If I run into him again I'll try to get some info

I stopped by there a little more than a month ago with a friend and our GFs, and one guy on duty took us through a compartment by compartment tour of the rig.

What Fireman wouldn't Give a compartment by compartment tour to a buff, that brings 2 chicks along LOL

Amazingly nice group of guys down there!

Any chance you got pics of each compartment?

What Fireman wouldn't Give a compartment by compartment tour to a buff, that brings 2 chicks along LOL

Here guy's go look at my fire truck........I will look at your women.............

Edited by CPAGE

Any chance you got pics of each compartment?

No, unfortunately, it was in the house the whole time, and it was a TIGHT squeeze on either side, I was not able to get a photo of all the compartments due to the space restrictions :-/ Sorry.

Hey, whatever works!

Always knew my gf would come in handy! :lol::P

Edited by xfirefighter484x