Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Future Fireman

Heading To Lake George- Any Advice?

10 posts in this topic

Anybody got suggestions on what to do while there? Definetly a cruise from the Lake George Steamboat Co. or somethin like that, I don't remember. Also, I'm hitting the arcade and looking for cool nic-nacs. Anybody else got an idea of what to do there.

Mike

in the town of lake george and surrounding towns, you can...

fish (on shore fishing really isn't that great, kinda gotta be on the water), parasail, horseback riding, rent a boat/waverunner/jetski, rodeo, Frankensteins Haunted Wax museum, i believe every Wednesday (double check me) there are fireworks at the pier by the steam boat co.

if i think of anything else worthy of mentioning, i'll let you know

have a good time

Edited by vacguy

forgot to mention. Renting canoe with my brother and going fishing (although I tend to never catch anything. I got a new pole last year that's never been used b/c I'm afraid of my own bad luck.)

Mike

give it a shot...it may change your luck around!

William henry or ticonderoga? Saw Ticonderoga, was a bore due to the pipe and drum contest they were having. My dad bought the Cd and was obsessed with it for the rest of the year. Annoyed the hell out of me.

Mike

William henry or ticonderoga? Saw Ticonderoga, was a bore due to the pipe and drum contest they were having. My dad bought the Cd and was obsessed with it for the rest of the year. Annoyed the hell out of me.

Mike

Hahaha, that sucks. I have always wanted to go up to Lake George, but I never knew anyone who went up there, and those who I eventually met who did, never told me until after they had returned.

I hope one day to make a venture up that way!

If you go up there, deffinately check out both forts, I used to every time I went up there. In Lake George Village like vacguy said check out the House Of Frankenstein Wax Museum, theres a couple arcade places around there, deffinately a lot of places to buy t-shirts and random gifts, theres a small strip mall that has a great candy store, and even more stores to buy random items, as of last time I went the fireworks were on Thursdays around 9pm, I would deffinately suggest going for a ride on the Mini HaHa(not sure if spelled correctly, one of the steam boats) or even the dinner cruise ship they have, and theres even a firemans carnival hosted by the Lake George Fire Dept. that does have some gambelling as well as games for kids. I havent been up there in a few years so I dont know if anythings been changed or whats new up there.

Wish wizards was still there.....see the Tom-Tom shop do a little shopping

You can also rent the mini club cars, they are fun and if you go south a couple miles there is a go cart track that I hear is awsome.

And you can always hit the bars (if your old enough) walking distance from the many hotels in the village.

Have Fun!