Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KelliPVAC

Any VACS Missing Equiptment?

64 posts in this topic

I think all the missing equipment is in the back of Jim's (Sounds like PUNTER) car!!!!!

NICE!!!!!

On the resolving issue: Why doesn't everybody get together and buy the same exact equipment in Westchester...not only will it not matter who's name is on it, but then exchange can be even, and then you will save money buying them in a serious bulk and not just 1 at a time!

At Empress, I preferred the Orange FDNY boards, they were easier to work with than those Purple (Ferno) ones that Empress deployed...so I didn't mind switching them out at Jacobi if it so happened to work out that way!

Yesterday, we did go to 3 out of the 4 hospitals we go to to try to get our stuff back. Out of the 3 trips we came back with 1 board. I did find boards and blocks that belong to other departments, and bought them back for them. Maybe if others can do the same we won't have this problem. On a call, we do try to wait for our stuff back so this doesn't happen. And YES there are many PVACs. We always write out our full name. I hope everyones missing equiptment is found!!!

I have seen first hand items growing legs, I have transported pt to hospital on a board, come back 2 hrs later with another pt and it was MIA. WMC I think still ships the boards back, blocks and straps FORGET ABOUT IT, if you don't get them while on the call, you wont see them again.

On occasion I have found boards that dont belong to my dept, and I make a point to put them on the duty rig, so they get backto the hospital, but some of the boards I have seen have some serious miles, I had one that belonged in Frost Valley (no clue where that is..)

I like the idea of agencies getting together and buying the same equipment in bulk. This makes sense for two reasons. First you don't have to worry about getting your stuff back and second how many times have you gone on a mutual aid call and tried to use another departments equipment and not known how. One example is Somers FD in the past couple of months have started using the Laerdal speed blocks (http://www.laerdal.com/document.asp?subnodeid=7783338) which are operated differently then the old style squishy blocks.

BUT I don't think that everyone buying standard equipment together is a practical idea. I think that there would be a lack of organization.