Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bedford Hills MVA

6 posts in this topic

Is this another incident involving a tree falling on a car on the Saw Mill?...thought i heard statflight being called also. Anyone have the particulars on this incident?

Serious wreck on Saw Mill River Parkway in Bedford Hills

The Journal News

(Original publication: August 27, 2007)

BEDFORD HILLS — Emergency workers are at the scene of an accident on the northbound side of the Saw Mill River Parkway near Exit 39. A STAT Flight helicopter has landed at the scene. No details were immediately available.

The accident is causing detours and delays on both sides of the parkway.

no one here from bedford hills to say what happened?

The accident was just south of exit 39 on the northbound side of the saw mill. The vehicle left the roadway and struck the large parkway sign that was there to notify traffic of the exit, and then hit a large tree uprooting it and causing it to land on top of the car. It was a very tough pin to work on, but the crews from all agencies did an amazing job with what was handed to them. One patient was stat flighted out and the other was by ambulance. Thanks again to all that were involved. 2032

One of the worst one car accident I have seen in my 19yrs in Pleasantville and 6 months in BHFD. A great job was done by all members. Great job done by all involved incidents like this make all the hard work and training we do worth it. The crews faced many different challanges and over came them all.