Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ONEEYEDMIC

Sleepy Hollow EMTs at odds with police chief over stun-gun case

93 posts in this topic

Also, I believe everyone is correct in the belief that the minor was in the custody of the PD as soon as he was arrested and that a parents "signature" was not needed. If he was arrested than he was the responsibility of the PD.

Releaseing a medical patiant to the police is wrong. Police do not release criminals to EMS.

Police have the right to arrest. Police carry guns. EMS is not looked upon by many, especally small town PDs as "just palyin'".

That being said, there are several issuses here:

HIPPA -- can't respond to that, you know you better of not released any info

PD/EMS relations Sorry police, it has been my experience that police do not respect EMS by & large & this was a case of that. In part. Local politics will also play out here.

EMS: When in doubt, call for Med control! I, like the folks in Sleepy Hollow have a tough time telling police of any stripe to back off (recently told by a NYS Trooper to trow out an investigator who was out of line in my rig), but all of listen to doc. If doc says, Mr. Police man, I want to look at this kiddie, what cop is going to say no?

If Doc sez, ok, let PD take him, EMS is covered by docs signature (at least until a layer tells us otherwise).

Tough call, but one we all can learn much from. Please keep us informed.

Train more cops to be Emt's and enlarge ESU units countywide

LOL. And this would do what?

How do you know when a thread is running dry...when posts are about as constructive as the one I quoted.

I'm just wondering is there anyway that people can be trained when a call like this comes in, in the future?

You must have missed it or not have gotten to read my prior posts. I have a presentation on the Medical Aspects of Less Lethal Weapons. Private message me if your interested.

Edited by alsfirefighter

LOL. And this would do what?

How do you know when a thread is running dry...when posts are about as constructive as the one I quoted.

You must have missed it or not have gotten to read my prior posts. I have a presentation on the Medical Aspects of Less Lethal Weapons. Private message me if your interested.

thanks als will do.