Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ignition/ injector noise in car stereo

5 posts in this topic

Anybody have any ideas on how to get ride of injector/ injection noise in a car stereo. I have so much time into this stereo and too much money also. any ideas on how to get rid of this?

What are you hearing? If you are getting a whining noise when you start or accelerate the you ran the power cable too close to the amp cable from your head. Your getting interference from the alternator. Try running one cable on one side of the car and the other on the other side. Or buy better cables that have more insulation.

I assume that you mean engine EMF noise coming from your speakers. Electro Magnetic Frequency can come from any source that operates with a pulsating current. ie ignition system, alternator, injection system, etc. The faster the pulse the less noise you will hear (it's still there, but it appears to disappear because the ear can't process an extremely fast repeating noise.) If you rev the engine up does the noise get faster? The first thing you need to do is make sure that the stereo itself has a good ground to the chassis of the car. Second, make sure any stereo wires are routed away from the engine or at least behind a piece of metal (firewall). A wire that runs next to another wire can pick up EMF through induction. Other than that, talk to the stereo manufacturer and see what they say. Good luck

tghanks for your input guys... i do have good solid grounds, no it doesn't seem to get faster with the engine, i already went through that with alternator noise, it turned out to be the RCAs, which are brand new cables expensive ones. good grounds.... still lost and confussed :blink: anybody know anything about engine noise supressors?

Its probably a car bomb... the mob is out to get you... haha