Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Medibart

Brian Motyka, WEMS MOS, Funeral Arrangements

9 posts in this topic

It is with profound sadness and deep regret that I announce the passing of Brian Motyka, former WEMS EMT and son of current WEMS Paramedic and Phelps Hospital EMS Instructor Mike Motyka. Brian died tragically on Wednesday, Sept. 12th due to injuries from an auto accident that day.

Visitation will take place on Monday from 2pm - 4pm and from 7pm - 9pm at:

Smith, Seaman and Quackenbush Funeral Home

117 Maple Ave

Monroe, NY

Directions are available on their website at http://www.ssqfuneralhome.com

Funeral Mass will be held on Tuesday at 1000am at:

Sacred Heart Church

26 Still Road

Monroe, NY

Directions are available on their website at http://www.sacredheartchurch.org/

There will be an EMS procession from the Funeral Home to the Church. Any agency that would like to participate in the procession should contact Al Garavito at 914-447-1657 or Scott Glaessgen at 914-447-6950. We will be meeting at WEMS HQ, 444 E. Main St., Mt Kisco at 700am on Tuesday for breakfast and will be leaving for Monroe at 730am sharp. If you are part of a Rockland or Orange County agency, I will have more information for an EMS gathering point, email or call me for details.

My email is sglaessgen@stellarishealth.org.

Edited by Medibart

May he rest in peace, My heart goes out to his family, friends, and co-workers. I am sorry for your loss.

Thoughts and Prayers to Brian's Family, and Friends as well as the EMS Community. May he rest in Peace and may the Perpetual Light shine upon him.

I did not know Brian well, but I knew him as a volunteer from a neighboring VAC. His Father Mike was a Medic here in Orange County and I worked on many calls with him. I am truly sorry that Mike has lost his son. I cannot imagine the pain that a Father must feel to have lost a son. My heart and my prayers go out to Brian's family and friends.

REST IN PEACE BROTHER!

Rest in Peace, Thoughts and prayers are with you,

The Arena Family

RIP!

Motorcyclist dies after crash in Suffern

By STEVE LIEBERMAN

THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original publication: September 13, 2007)

SUFFERN - A 26-year-old motorcyclist died of his injuries yesterday after a collision with a car on Route 202, village police said.

Brian Motyka of Monroe, N.Y., was pronounced dead at Good Samaritan Hospital yesterday after he was rushed there for emergency surgery following the 9 a.m. accident, police said. He had been brought to the hospital with severe chest injuries and a fractured leg, Suffern police Detective Craig Long said.

Motyka was injured when a 2004 Toyota Matrix and his 2000 Kawasaki collided on Route 202 and Chadick Place. Deborah Jackson, 63, of Dawn Lane in Suffern had turned left onto westbound Route 202 from Chadick just before 9 a.m., Long said.

Motyka was riding east on Route 202 at the time, toward Haverstraw. His motorcycle and the Toyota collided in the intersection, Long said.

The Sloatsburg Ambulance Corps and Rockland Paramedic Services treated Motyka at the scene and took him to Good Samaritan Hospital.

Police Sgt. David Tarantino, who heads the department's accident investigation team, completed an on-site reconstruction of the crash and collected evidence.

Witnesses were expected to speak with detectives about the crash today.

No tickets or charges have been issued.

"We're still investigating the circumstances of the crash," Long said. "We're looking to see if sun glare may have played a factor."

The crash closed Route 202 between Memorial Drive and Orchard Street for several hours. Route 202 also is known as Wayne Avenue in Suffern.

Police opened the road about noon, Long said.

Ramapo police assisted with traffic control along Route 202 while Suffern police officers investigated the crash.