Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdny2003

Question About Fairview Dispatch

5 posts in this topic

Ive recently been hearing Fairview Fire dispatched twice, both times on 46.26. The first has been by a dispatcher at 60-Control, and the second by the person on the desk at Fairview Headquarters. This has happened several times now, and I was just wondering if Fairview is getting the initial dispatch from 60-Control and then dispatching themselves, or what exactly this is.

their dispatch is kinda like LMFD, 60 control dispatches if they get the call then they dispatch and man the radio so control doesn't have too. (I hope I'm kinda right, I've been hearing the samething.) If something is missing please fill in for me. Thanks.

60 Control will take over full dispatch for LMFD when HQ is unmanned, which occurs usually due to numerous calls occurring

60 Control will take over full dispatch for LMFD when HQ is unmanned, which occurs usually due to numerous calls occurring

County only dispatches when call is directed to them via several different avenues( State PD/ Westhelp/WCC or cellular 911) to name a few

FFD dispatch is manned 24/7

County only dispatches when call is directed to them via several different avenues( State PD/ Westhelp/WCC or cellular 911) to name a few

FFD dispatch is manned 24/7

Exactly.

This is the same way it is done for many other Departments to "expedite" the process of getting units on the road. Other FD's this applies to include:

Ards;ey

Briarcliff

Croton

Continental Village

Irvington

Mohegan

Ossining