Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Engfire

Fire Dept Run EMS

4 posts in this topic

How many people work in fire dept based EMS system that provides ALS level transport service and all members are Fire and EMS qualified. Second is your run volume. My dept is Fire and EMS and we do both jobs when on duty and our run volume is approx 2700 calls with 90% being EMS, and we are staffed with 6 personel at all time out of 2 houses.

Our Department runs Fire and EMS. All Career members are a minimum of FFII and EMT or EMT/Paramedic certified. We run 2 Full time ALS ambulances and cross staff a third ambulance unit. We also have 3 Engine company’s and a Quint company that are ALS. We have at least one Medic on everything in the city. Our response is a Engine or Quint depending on district, and a ALS ambulance on all medical call’s except for calls at any of the walk in medical clinics in town that is a ambulance only response. We ran around 3,600 + calls as a Department last year. I would say about 80% of our calls are Ems related.

We have 18 fulltime personnel of which 16 are FF II and at least EMT-I about half are medics. We'll run about 2600 calls this year, with 5 members on duty 24/7 and 1 FT paramedic during the day (12hrs). We staff 3 ALS ambulances and do emergency transports only, no transfers. Our EMS runs are about 65% of the total, and we operate (with on duty personnel) one engine and a tower. We also area a State recognized WMD/haz-mat team so our FT personnel are also all Haz-Mat techs and Confined Space Techs as well.

We run about 2300 calls, in 2006, 1766 were EMS incidents. All of our career people are EMTs (6) or Paramedics (14). Our staffing patterns vary for many reasons (mostly $$) but usually a minimum of 3 and a max of 5. We run from one station and have 3 ALS ambulances, obviously not all staffed, all the time!