Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest paramedico987

NYS BLS Agencies Using Glucometers?

33 posts in this topic

So if I'm in NY (or Lake George, more specifically) I can't help my mother or grandpa with their glucometers? Only an EMT and up can do it????? :huh:

Mike

So if I'm in NY (or Lake George, more specifically) I can't help my mother or grandpa with their glucometers? Only an EMT and up can do it????? :huh:

Mike

You can do whatever you want behind closed doors, assuming your grandparents allowed you. You can't, however, go around the block offering a BG screening. As far as EMTs, the state has deemed the EMT-B capable of the skill but has yet to roll out any protocol on the subject.

Edited by Goose

You can do whatever you want behind closed doors, assuming your grandparents allowed you. You can't, however, go around the block offering a BG screening. As far as EMTs, the state has deemed the EMT-B capable of the skill but has yet to roll out any protocol on the subject.

Thanks for rthe explanation Goose, although I doubt I'll be the guy to go around the corner, it's just not safe to do that. As for my grandpa, he's lost it. We really have to monitor his diabetes, since his ex-wife is in Florida and his life-in drunk halfbutt son ain't helping (I'm sad to say that he's my uncle!)

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman