Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Ardsley, NY's Former Mack CF Engine 165: Where Is It?

8 posts in this topic

I've been trying to find out for years where Ardsley's old Engine 165 is currently, if it even still exists?

I've asked this question periodically on this forum, and no one knows. Ardsley sold it to my current FD, Hartsdale, in 1998, when they took delivery of their current Engine 165, a 1998 Spartan Gladiator/Saulsbury Rescue pumper. No one in Hartsdale or Ardsley knows exactly where it went after Hartsdale replaced it with their Pierce twins in 2000.

Engine 165 holds a special place in my heart, as it was the first fire engine I ever rode on as an Explorer in Ardsley FD at 14 years old. Many fond memories with "165". Several members of this forum have ridden with me on the hosebed bench.

Does anyone here know what happened to it?

(My photo scanner is currently malfunctioning, this photo is the best I could do right now. 165 is the Engine all the way on the left- for those too young to know what a CF looks like!)

post-11-1193695851.jpg

The cf mack that you are looking for is in RAYLAND OHIO. They bought it in 2001 [hows that kid] !

That sounds correct . I was on duty in Hartsdale (Covering Ladder 1) the night before the MACK was getting picked up by "a department from OHIO". Hartsdale FD also gathered Equiptment , mostly gear , some hose to give them.

Talking to Hartsdale FD members later , they said it took them over 5 years to drive to NY. I was the summer of before 9/11/01.

Good work PCFD ENG58 !

Credit to e290l103 and PCFD ENG58 for finding photo of Former Ardsley Engine 165.

www.firetec.com page 50 in Delivered ! updated daily section

post-23-1197183099.jpg

Now that has been solved, does anyone know where Ardsley's Young crusader engine went to?

Now that has been solved, does anyone know where Ardsley's Young crusader engine went to?

x635 said

Ardsley had a 1970 Young Crusader (I think I may have a photo somewhere), assigned to Engine 164

When it was replaced with the 1992 Spartan Gladiator/Beck, the Young was bought by and shipped to Montserrat, an island in the Caribbean in 1992. In the late 1990's, that island was devastated by a volcanic eruption, and the Young was seen running calls on international news footage. Its current whereabouts and status is unknown.

x635 said

Ardsley had a 1970 Young Crusader (I think I may have a photo somewhere), assigned to Engine 164

When it was replaced with the 1992 Spartan Gladiator/Beck, the Young was bought by and shipped to Montserrat, an island in the Caribbean in 1992. In the late 1990's, that island was devastated by a volcanic eruption, and the Young was seen running calls on international news footage. Its current whereabouts and status is unknown.

Really? That is kind of cool! Hopefully it wasn't buried in molten lava!