Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mount Vernon Has A New Mayor: What Does This Mean For FDMV?

19 posts in this topic

I wonder what this will mean for the fire department? Is this guy supportive of the FD, or do we not know yet?

Three-term incumbent mayor unseated in Mt. Vernon

NEWS 12 WESTCHESTER

(11/06/07) MOUNT VERNON - Unofficial results show that Mount Vernon residents will have a new mayor come January.

According to the numbers, former Westchester County Legislator Clinton Young (D) has unseated three-term incumbent Ernie Davis (C-I).

“For a long time, the citizens of Mount Vernon cried out for change and tonight our prayers have been answered,†said Young. He added that he plans to move the city forward and repair its image.

Meanwhile Davis, who held the seat for the past 12 years, congratulated his opponent. He added that he will cherish the memories he’s had as mayor and is ready to pass the torch to another person.

Republican candidate Janet Snyder, who was counting on the battle between Davis and Young to split undecided Democratic votes, also conceded Tuesday night.

I wonder what this will mean for the fire department? Is this guy supportive of the FD, or do we not know yet?

He certainly can't be any WORSE!

He appears to be pro labor, but other than that there isn't a lot on his record. On the upside he was the candidate backed by MVFD. On the other hand the Vulcans were also behind him.

What does this mean for FDMV ? Hopefully, 6 engines, 3 trucks, 1 rescue x 4 firefighters each plus repaired firehouses.

Clinton Young is a good man....

He has a steller record as a county legislator and is a friend of my father's

he will be a good change for Mount Vernon

Hopefully the Federal lawsuit brought by "The Friends of Ernie Davis" will quickly be dismissed.. Interesting though that they are claiming the election should be tossed because of a racially motivated conspiracy..

i know a lady who lives in mt vernon and is big in the politics down there. according to her, the Feds only took a few documents.

you know the clip news 12 keeps airing over and over and over and over of the Feds leaving city hall w/ all those boxes???

...according to her, the boxes were ALL EMPTY. the feds took the documents, than waited for the media to show up and left city hall with the empty boxes.

next time you see that shot on the news, pay close attention to the boxes...they really seem empty...

im starting to believe Clinton Young was just playin NASTY, NASTY politics. i don't care who backs him up, the man looks like a sleeze bag...and i don't even live in mt vernon

i know a lady who lives in mt vernon and is big in the politics down there. according to her, the Feds only took a few documents.

you know the clip news 12 keeps airing over and over and over and over of the Feds leaving city hall w/ all those boxes???

...according to her, the boxes were ALL EMPTY. the feds took the documents, than waited for the media to show up and left city hall with the empty boxes.

next time you see that shot on the news, pay close attention to the boxes...they really seem empty...

im starting to believe Clinton Young was just playin NASTY, NASTY politics. i don't care who backs him up, the man looks like a sleeze bag...and i don't even live in mt vernon

if you don't live in Mt.Vernon maybe you should keep what you think to yourself. clinton will be very good for the city. Look at what we have had it will only get better. Good luck to the brother on the job in FDMV/MVPD the sun will shine soon brothers. Jody you will get the bar soon.

Mayor Davis your cell is awaiting you................

Hopefully he will make the FDMV work better with other agencies/departments.

Edited by Bababoosky

Hopefully he will make the FDMV work better with other agencies/departments.

What's that mean? As far as I can tell the FDMV gets along with their neighboring departments.

neighboring departments yes, other agencies, not so much

I always see the fdmv working well with all the agencies. Is there something in particular you are talking about? Maybe you need more information

I originally editted my post to not spark a debate. But I can assure you, that I do not need more information about the issue I speak of. IF you wish to speak of this in private, please feel free to send me a PM.

I originally editted my post to not spark a debate. But I can assure you, that I do not need more information about the issue I speak of. IF you wish to speak of this in private, please feel free to send me a PM.

Speak of what in private? You do realize you're posting on an open forum. What info on what issue? You made a vague statement.....thats all I'm asking about. What do you mean about not working well with other agencies? I've never seen this.

Sometimes people post comments just to post them, thise seems like one of them.

As for a new mayore making a difference, hopefully it happens. FDMV has atrocious funding and equipment, facilities and staffing. I hate to say it, but if there union was more vocal to the community and to the press about the conditions maybe something would change, but the union, just like other people in the city, were afraid of 'King Ernie' swinging his magic stick. Thankfully for FDMV he is now a lame duck.

Speak of what in private? You do realize you're posting on an open forum. What info on what issue? You made a vague statement.....thats all I'm asking about. What do you mean about not working well with other agencies? I've never seen this.

You are correct. I am posting on an open forum, so I will answer you question fully.

Last evening in Mt Vernon there was a DOA, that required a lift assist. The Medical Examiner asked PD and/or FD for help with a carry down. To this the FDMV flat out REFUSED to come and help. This is just one of an innumerable amount of times that the ME's office has requested their help, and they simply refuse to lend another agency a hand. What I don't understand is that when they have a fatal MVA, or a fatal Fire scene, they don't mind helping out. Also, the ME's office goes out of their way to accommodate them with a speedy response, prompt investigation, and removal. But when it comes to a simple carry down, where the ME cannot possibly carry it alone, or with another officer, the FD turns away.

They are the only fire department in the area that doesn't help. 95% of the time we can do it alone, or with one of the officers. But that 5% when we need help, its ridiculous.

Do you guys not help out EMS when they request a carry down?

Sometimes people post comments just to post them, thise seems like one of them.

I am not making comments just to post them, My original post was callous and posted in anger, I have since retracted my original post, but did not change my opinion of the situation.

I do hope that Mr. Young will help staff the fire houses, get new apparatus, and fix your firehouses. Hopefully this will boost morale enough for them to lend a helping hand to another agency in need of assistance.

First time i saw it, I said to myself, why are they taking EMPTY boxes?

This thread started out as (how might Clinton Young help the FDMV) You turned it into how come the FDMV did'nt help you with a DOA. Its not about morale , its dept policy. Yes where there is an IDLH you will see the FD preform a removel. This was not.

It is the pd that does the removel with the M.E. in Mt. Vernon. Although in the past for one reason or another the FD has assisted the M.E. with a removel. The members of the FDMV would never let low moral dictate how the public is served.

The members of the FDMV do there best to serve the citizens of Mt. Vernon on a daily basis. We have a good relationship with the PD. This is proven daily. As far as your agency I would think the same unless you speak on behalf of everyone you work with.

You might see a need for change in your dept or another dept. If so then there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it. Maybe theres a need for more personal in the M.E.'s office. Being I don't know your policy's I'll leave it at that.

I totally agree, that is why i would have preferred to have our discussion in private, as far as i am concerned its over.

I hope Clinton Young helps your Department in any way that it needs.