Followers 0
BFD1054

Briarcliff - MVA w/Fire & wires down 11-08-04

6 posts in this topic

Date: 11-08-04

Time: 1600HRS (TOW)

Frequency: 46.26

Units: Car 2051, E92, E94, R37, 53B1

Description: Briarcliff self-dispatched request for the FD, Rt. 9 for a reported Car fire.

1602HRS-Update from PD, now reporting injuries.

1603HRS-Car 2051 10-19 w/car fire, wires down & injuries.

1604HRS-E94, 55B1 10-19, R37 10-17.

1618HRS-55B1 10-85 WCMC.

Writer: BFD1054

*This MVA caused power outages throughout the imidiate area, thus creating fire alarm activations as well.

Incident was actually i/f/o the Clearveiw School, Just up from the Scarboro rd. intersection, I Can't really figure out what happend but when I arrived on scene in E94, there was a tree down across the north bound lanes, primarys down in the southbound shoulder(the poles are on the southbound side) and a car with tree damage facing southbound in the school driveway?!?!, there was also a significant brush fire on both sides of the brick wall on the southbound side, which we couldnt do anything about untill con ed got there around 1715hrs, rt 9 was closed at scarboro rd and at river rd for appx 2.5 hrs, the light at scarboro rd and power to most of southern ossining and scarboro was out for several hours. BTW BFD1054, 55B1 is Croton, 53B2 was actually on scene

That was prolly a typo, BFD1054 is better than that LOL

Hes a buff like me HAHA

Yeah thanks Dave lol!!! If you look at the unit inventory, i wrote 53B1...thats what i thought i heard, it was 53B2 though, that was my only typo lol! I must of heard Croton on the air too or something, sorry about that lol! I wrote the location as it was dispatched, i just never updated it because i wasn't 100% sure of the actual location. BMFD368, thanks for all the info/additional!

You were just thinking about Croton - like you usually do.

It's OK to admit it - you wanna be DAVE!!!! ](*,)

What are you talking about?

Everyone wants to be like John!