Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DFFD227

New E-911 Consoles for WC County - Who has them?

7 posts in this topic

So my Question is what agencies now have the new and "improved" E-911 consoles? We just had them installed in Greenburgh about two weeks ago and it really isn't too much of a difference compared to the old one. I think it's a little more of a inconvenience that you now have to use a keyboard and mouse to activate all calls opposed to just touching a button to pick up a call.

For those of you who don't know what the new E-911 consists of is basically a whole network that is now computer based which includes flat screens, and a little more of a user friendly feel. It's really not that hard to use but I think I would have to say that the old E-911 console was simpler and a little more "to the point".

There are a few good features with the new E-911. Now you can transfer any 911 call to any Police/Fire agency in the county, which can be a huge bonus.

What does everyone else think of the new system?

Edited by DFFD227

Do you mean the VESTA 911 system from Verizon? We have that here at Putnam. I like it better than the old system except that when you have a 911 call and th eother person hangs up it use to be that the caller could not use their phone until 911 disconnected but not it doesn't work that way.

All other things, I really like the system

We have the server, can hear it running, can see the lights, but operate on the old system still!

We have the new VESTA system up in the Boston area. I actually like it better than the old system, although I'm not on it alot.

post-9347-1195510369.jpgWe've been using the new VESTA Pallas E-911 system in our PSAP (Westbrook, ME) for about three months. After the adjustment period, from MAARS-View, everyone seems to be generally happy with the new system. The addition of mapping has been a wonderful asset, especially since we are starting to get alot of WPH2 complaint calls. It has also allowed us to compact our workspace a bit. Before, with the rack mounted unit, it made for alot of reaching. We were also able to consolidate from three to two keyboards, using a keyboard arbitrator for CAD and 911. As far as having to mouse and keyboard everything, we have a "genovation" pad attached to each console (picture attached) that allows us to ANS, HLD and RLS calls as well as some call tranfer and other functions with the touch of a button.

Like I said before we have the Vesta since at Putnam, but we do utilize a full keryboard. Its needed because we also get the TTY/TTD messages and can respond through the phone.