Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aves3131

ABC pulls "Saving Private Ryan"

5 posts in this topic

Hey all, I don't know if anyone heard about ABC's decision not to air "Saving Private Ryan" tonight. if not, here is one of the many links about i:

http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/11/news/fortu...dex.htm?cnn=yes

does anyone else feel that the FCC has put such a, for lack of a better word, fear into networks that they are now worried about being fined for showing a fantastic movie that was meant to honor those who fought in WWII?

it was just something i was talking to a couple of people about earlier and wanted to see what anyone else thought about it.

well i watched it, without any editing with my father,who is a Vietnam vet, on channel 7. i think it is a great movie and the FCC can go to hell for fining any station for playing that movie on VETERANS DAY! i am not gonna get into there rules and stuff but the movie is about war and not like some cheesy like action picture, it is about real war and the stuff guys go through. i think that the FCC should waive the fines if some station wants to air that movie. it is not like there were breasts and unnessesary curseing. i mean 9 times out of 10 the guy is using foul language cause he was shot. it is a great movie and should never have to be editied for "content"

ok i am going to get off my soap box before i fall off :D

God Bless America and God Bless the Men and Women who Make it Safe!!

Well Put eclemente! and God Bless ALL Veterans Living or Dead, past present and future.

And it was only specific stations that chose not to air it. Bloody conservatives.

Not much different then the stuff they show on NYPD Blue. I find it more disturbing to watch that show "the swan," where they alter humans - HELLO - something's wrong here!