Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Hartsdale, NY 1926 American LaFrance Photo

5 posts in this topic

I recently won this postcard on an EBay auction. Pretty cool! I wish my department had held on to this!

If, when in service, this engine was numbered using the current Westchester County DES system, it would be Engine 170.

It contains the caption on the back:

"Connecticut Electric Railway

Trolley Museum

Route 140, Warehouse Point, CT

1926 American LaFrance Fire Engine

Built for Hartsdale, NY and retired in 1958. Used for parades by Musuem's Fire Department. The public is invited to ride the trolleys every Sat. and Sun. and Holidays, April to December"

-Unknown Date

post-11-1196025275.jpg

(From the x635 Collection, Unknown Photographer)

Does anyone still know if this piece is at the Trolley Museum? Or, better yet, anyone know how it ended up there-maybe it served East Windsor, CT after Hartsdale?

That engine was specially delivered to HFD by the Trolley Museum in 2004 for it's 100th Anniversary parade.

That engine was specially delivered to HFD by the Trolley Museum in 2004 for it's 100th Anniversary parade.

correct it was trailered down and is still in the museum. it recieved new tires and was relabeled its original markings

FIRE DEPARTMENT

HARTSDALE. N.Y.

here is a shot of it inside the museum prior to relabeling.

post-12-1196093947.jpg

And here it is the original motorized HFD Engine that would have been E-170 next to the Current E-170 both in their original Fire house " Edit is photo credits -Both Photos by me HFD23"

post-12-1196095588.jpg

Edited by HFD23