Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irishfire2491

Sprint Nextel IC-502: Anybody Have One?

11 posts in this topic

I Have just gotten a new upgrade on my nextel from my I-870 to the new Hybird IC-502

I was Wondering if any body has also gotten it and if they like them????

I have Notice something with the I-PAGES for 60 contol after fight with NEXTEL that you have to change the Carrier in the I- PAGE System over to Sprint not Nextel.

Just a heads up to anyone that many have went through the same problem!!

Myself and a few of my friends switched a few months ago to the the ic502 hybrid and all that i have to say is that we are all looking for a new carrier now. I think i am going to verizon. When i talked to nextel they said they are having a lot of the same complaints regarding the sprint phone service.

With my 2 year contract up in February, and after questioning from Nextel as to my plans once it is up, I voiced my displeasure with the Nextel service, or lack thereof. They tried to convince me to upgrade to the Hybrid phone service.

After reading this, I am pretty well convinced that Verizon will be my plan of choice!

Thank you!

Ok first off the I page thing was discussed here a few months back. You are no longer on the Nextel IDEN network for your phone side of things you are now Sprint. The only thing still on the IDEN network is the walkie talkie. As for the 502 not being a good phone...I have had mine for almost a year and the service is much better. FEX404 I have heard the exact opposite of what you have said. The phone is lacking some features (bluetooth, camera, etc...) and I would say get a 602 or a 902 but overall it is a rugged phone with better reception.

I've had one since mid-August. It's held up to the majority of the abuse I've thrown it's way. The reception is far better, with the exception of the Route 9 Corridor in Dutchess. With the data plan and insurance, i end up paying 80 bucks a month because my Nextel plan was not available for the IC-502. The sprint network is just far superior to Nextel. Now, when i text people actually receive them the same day!

As far as comparing them with Verizon. When i went to Verizon in August i really didn't see much of a price difference (in terms of monthly cost) for what i was looking for (insurance, data plan, the minutes etc.). I think both were coming in at around 75 bucks or so before taxes, and in the low 80s after. The Push to Talk and ruggedness of the Sprint/Nextel pushed them over the threshold for me.

Goose,

I have to agree with you. The only thing Verizon does is give you a free camera phone every year or so. (although yes they have better service if you plan on driving across the country using all back roads) And It's funny you mentioned the Text thing. My friends used to send me a text and I would get it like 4 hours later but now it is almost instantly sent.

While we are on this, anyone have a Nextel i760? Pm me please I got a question.

Thanks

-Chris

I've had the ic502 for about 2 months now and it's been far better service, and equally rugged to my i530 I was using. The texting is better as they said, and the service is better (I now have 5 bars at the firehouse and not just 1 or none). The extended battery is nice too, and I had no trouble flipping my service over to a hybrid plan. Overall, I'm happy with it.

I HAD THE 502 GREAT SERVICE IT ACTUALLY WORKED ON EXIT 22 OF THE HUTCH.... NEXTELS VUSTOMER SERVICE AND OVERALL ATTITUDE OUTRIGHT SUCK....I HAVE SINCE SWITCHED TO VERIZON I GET MY TEXT MESSAGES IN 3 SECONDS I HAVE NO DEADSPOTS ON MY 50 MILE COMMUTE TO THE BRONX AND IM SOOOOO HAPPY I SWITCHED

Ahh Exit 22 on the Hutch...Famous for beepers, cell phones, and radios of all sorts not working. Ahh the memories...

I got my phone Free from Sprint in the beginning of the month. Phone service is so so (Beacon to Hyde Park area) & Nextel service is worse than when I had just Nextel. The battery doesn't last long most times only last about 24 - 30 hours. I like the phone because it tells you if you drop a Sprint or a Nextel signal. I have the data package (only $10) and that service is decent. The keypad has a good layout. The volume is not as loud as my Nextel was but you can control several types of sound controls (ringer,messaging, calender, alarm, applications, power on, key beep, voice call, speaker phone, call alert & incoming walkie-talkie). I don't like the fact that blue tooth & a camera is not included but the phone was free so I can't complain too much.

I also have Verizon and the phone service pretty good.