Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Hartsdale Station 1 Closing For Renovation

4 posts in this topic

Just an FYI, Hartsdale FD Station 1 (Central Ave, 4 Corners) is closing for renovation effective December 4th, for an unknown duration. I'm not sure what the renovation plan consists of at this point.

Engine 170 and Engine 171 will relocate during this time, and operate from the newly expanded and still under renovation Station 2/HQ's on West Hartsdale Ave. So, you'll have E-169, E-170, E-171, TL-15, and C-2172 all under one roof for awhile.

As for the new Engine 170, the chasis has been accepted from what I understand, and 4 Guys Fire Apparatus is to begin construction soon. Hopefully, we'll have it late Spring. A new utility in the form of a pick up truck is due for delivery anytime now, yet it remains a mystery to everyone exactly what it will be.

Seth,

4Guys is about an hour from where I am. Fell free to call if you decide to make a trip down for a photo hunt !!

Chris

Seth,

4Guys is about an hour from where I am. Fell free to call if you decide to make a trip down for a photo hunt !!

Chris

Chris- I may just take you up on that....I also want to get to Pittsburgh to shoot their EMS apparatus.

Here's the conceptual drawing of what Station 1 was supposed to look like, before all the budget cutbacks due to Station 2 being overbudget (or at least that's what I am told). I think they are just going to refurbish it now....I hope their is still money to widen and raise the bay doors- E-170 has less then 1" of clearance on each side and top. Since it was built in 1926ish, it has never undergone an extensive renovation, and retains a lot of beautful charecteristics that aren't found in many firehouses anymore. I hope the look and feel is preserved, yet I hope it is completly modernized and expanded.

If you notice, there was supposed to be a driveway on the right, but Chase Bank is next door and it would cost $100,000 just to move the traffic light and utility poles, so I don't know if that deal went through. So we just have to cut through other parking lots to get to the back and park. There is also no apron for this firehouse......due to the expansion of Central Park Ave since 1926, the apron has been reduced to a small sidewalk....when you pull out, you have to go slow due to pedestrians on the sidewalk and high speed traffic (from 3 lanes in each direction for a total of six) blowing the light.

post-11-1196539015.jpg

And here is Station 1 as it stands today:

post-11-1196539736.jpg

Hopefully this renovation is less flammable. Good luck Hartsdale.