Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meat441

What is the status of American LaFrance?

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard if ALF is going out of business? Chapter 11? Looking for a new buyer? CURIOUS?

ALF is not going out of business. They were bought by another company from Frieghtliner quite some time ago and just opened up a new huge facility in South Carolina.

E-One is currently in some fiscal trouble. Are you mistaking companies? As for right now, E-One is still in operation and owned by Federal Signal though they area experiencing a huge profit loss.

The information we heard is about a month old. A fellow co-worker was talking to a department who tried to order a new truck and was told that ALF was having financial diffucuties and could not build the unit. We have also heard a number of new vehicles are on back order? E-one we heard about. Just wondering if anyone can confirm this? HOPE THIS IS NOT TRUE.

As far as I know ALF is going strong and my career department deals with ALF's CT dealership and they haven't said anything. Sure it isn't you local dealer that is having problems? I know there was a short production lapse whn the move took place during the summer.

I HOPE THEY DON'T GO OUT OF BUSINESS BEFORE TOMORROW, WE ARE EXPECTING A 110FT.REAR MOUNT TO BE DELIEVERED FROM AMERICAN LAFRANCE BY MORNING.

Below is a copy of a letter that was distributed in late September to all ALF Distributors:

post-80-1196891382.jpg

Below is a copy of a letter that was distributed in late September to all ALF Distributors:

Sounds like Oshkosh/Pierce are going to outlive everyone else.