Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jfmuller

Rombout (Dutchess) - Serious Accident - 12/5/07

38 posts in this topic

Sometimes it's easier on us to not know........... ;)

While most people in our profession do this because they really do care and are concerned about these things, you are right x129K. We do have to keep a separation. Thinking about such things too often, and trying to "fix the world" (not saying anyone here is trying to do that) will burn you out, and you can't keep doing that for every call you respond to.

There was a fatality at the scene and as far as I know, the deceased can't be removed from the scene until the ME comes and say the the person is in-fact, deceased........ It's the law.... I believe it is in part due to the fact that the ME will be involved in the accident investigation (Autopsy) and this way they can see the conditions under which the person expired..... I'm sure that there are Medics or PD here that can confirm this or correct me if I'm wrong.....

EMTs in NYS can pronounce someone in this case if they have suffered an obvious mortal injury. The victim is then left in the custody of PD until the ME can come and claim the body.

EMTs in NYS can pronounce someone in this case if they have suffered an obvious mortal injury. The victim is then left in the custody of PD until the ME can come and claim the body.

This differs at the County level. In Dutchess, the M.E. investogators respond to everything, even obvious deaths which could be pronounced by EMS.

Why does the photos from the accident on the fdphotounit website need a password to view?

Why does the photos from the accident on the fdphotounit website need a password to view?

Because I didn't want the general public to have access to all the images........

This 1/2 mile stretch of road has numerous serious and fatal accidents that I know of since I was a kid, and that was a long time ago. When is the state going to fix this obvious problem???????????? This area is also barley a mile from the Fishkill DOT yard.

i thought i heard that there was a car involved also? if so where is it?

I think I see part of a car, possibly a tan honda accord, 92 year model or so...but if that is a car...OUCH!

I have been driving this road a lot lately as we are staying in NKFD's district while our primary residence is renovated and added upon! I hate trying to pass people over the broken line and they speed up so you can't get by...almost trying to make these things occur!

I think I see part of a car, possibly a tan honda accord, 92 year model or so...but if that is a car...OUCH!

There were only two vehicles directly involved as far as I know....... The step van and the dump truck....... I believe what you are referencing is part of the front of the van......The initial reports of the incident were pretty far off from what it actually turned out to be which we all know is not that uncommon with accidents of this severity.......